Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today's confession
Sometimes, I'm afraid that I'll never know what it's like to be in love. Before you ask, I did this anonymously because I'm embarrassed about my fear of never finding love, it just seems so unnecessary. So what if I never find love? I'll still have everything else that makes life good, yet it still bothers me from time to time. I know this is an anonymous forum in the first place, but posting anonymously just gives me comfort, I don't really know why.

Just speaking my mind more than anything, thanks for listening.

Some find love, some don't.

You can't measure your worth in whether or not you find love or have a successful relationship. You have to measure yourself by your accomplishments, and find satisfaction in a life well lived.

Whether or not that includes love is up to chance.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Finding love often requires taking risk to that end. Could you risk losing for gain?

Do your "real life" family and friends know you are interested in finding love? Could you risk telling one or some of them? If this is not reasonable then what risk is possible?
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

CCRox Wrote:Finding love often requires taking risk to that end. Could you risk losing for gain?

Do your "real life" family and friends know you are interested in finding love? Could you risk telling one or some of them? If this is not reasonable then what risk is possible?

Well, I'll have to say yes to both of those questions, but I guess the circumstances just aren't right at the moment. I guess I don't mind being alone for the time being, I'm just afraid that I'll die before being in love, that's what scares me. After all, no one knows when they'll die, we can only assume what time we have left and do our best to build our lives around that assumption. Sorry not trying to be a pessimist or anything, just trying to accurately describe what I mean.

I like your pic by the way, makes me want to do chalk art haha

Me and you both, but I keep trying, however I hear others describe their love, how happy, how they only have eyes for that one person, how they will give their life for them and in all my attempts ummm ive never felt that way, once I did but I wont go into it, I worry too that maybe it wasn't for me, but a part of me believes it will come lol so it keeps me waiting for something that my other half believes it may never be.

Never been in love and doubt I ever will.

My understanding is that love is an infatuation that never ends and just haven't found it.. Im not even looking for it anymore.

Anonymous Wrote:Well, I'll have to say yes to both of those questions, but I guess the circumstances just aren't right at the moment. I guess I don't mind being alone for the time being, I'm just afraid that I'll die before being in love, that's what scares me. After all, no one knows when they'll die, we can only assume what time we have left and do our best to build our lives around that assumption. Sorry not trying to be a pessimist or anything, just trying to accurately describe what I mean.

I like your pic by the way, makes me want to do chalk art haha

Well I like your reply. I could fall in love with you.
So fear huh? scared?
For real? (not being a smart ass, provocative maybe...)
If your answer is yes to both and you really are serious, then tell me what you plan to do in the next 48 hours to move in the proper direction?
They's lots o' prospects in Philly yo? Wavey

WHOOPSIE, had to edit!!!!! I added the Philly line thinking 'bout Schizoid! I'll address him in a separate reply. Xyxthumbs
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

happyschizoid Wrote:Never been in love and doubt I ever will.

My understanding is that love is an infatuation that never ends and just haven't found it.. Im not even looking for it anymore.

If you ain't lookin' and it's just infatuation, you ain't missin' nothin' at all.

Is it ever really too late? Do we get braver as we get older? What risks are you willing to take to find love? Could you find pleasure in short-term love without it throwing you so off balance you couldn't find your way? Could you endure real love and all the stinky laundry, cooking, bills, hot sex, lack of sex and other general bullshit to get the good of a long-term love?

I don't mean to be insensitive and I don't really want answers. I only wish I could be in the same room with you right now to chill out and hang. Let you pick the music. Make your ass laugh a little. Knuddel

Well yes, really. I am afraid of dying before ever getting a chance to find love. When you're out looking, people say that you need to stop looking and love will find you. When you're not looking, people say that you only have yourself to blame. It's all a load of crap, either you're lucky or you're not, and I by far have been unlucky in that respect, just hoping that that won't always be the case.

Anonymous Wrote:Well yes, really. I am afraid of dying before ever getting a chance to find love. When you're out looking, people say that you need to stop looking and love will find you. When you're not looking, people say that you only have yourself to blame. It's all a load of crap, either you're lucky or you're not, and I by far have been unlucky in that respect, just hoping that that won't always be the case.

Yep, the old "balance is key" applies here. You gotta get busy engaging the things you love. Do what love looks like. Put yourself "out there" as available. Date even. There is also an increasing number of people finding love electronically and unexpectedly. I hope you take the thoughts and feelings about the fear and pour them into something other than waiting as much as possible! Wavey