Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Told Mum
princealbertofb Wrote:You might not have to... I mean it'll be quite obvious once you start bringing your boyfriend around for celebrations..., won't it?

Dad doesn't live here anymore remember Confusedmile:
I only really see him if we go out for something to eat one evening... I don't know if this is selfish or horrible of me but at the moment all I want to do is see Ian and my friends... Now it's not me being selfish... I just don't wanna hear him going on about my mum all night and I know he will... I told him not to last time... but he carried on lol. Maybe next time he goes off on one I'll just blurt out "I'm gay!" and see what he says. haha! that'll shut him up.

Well done, I wish I was as brave as you, I have still not told my parents the only people I have told is My Childhood best friend ( We still talk now and then but we went our different paths ) and my current best friend. I still find it hard to talk about with Chris ( my current best friend ) it is getting easier, but he is boy mad so its not much help him talking about boys all day long lol, but Im used to it.

But the fact that Im not out is starting to get on top of me and I can feel it just about to pop out. Not sure if its a good thing or a bad thing :S

PrettyLittleIcon Wrote:Well done, I wish I was as brave as you, I have still not told my parents the only people I have told is My Childhood best friend ( We still talk now and then but we went our different paths ) and my current best friend. I still find it hard to talk about with Chris ( my current best friend ) it is getting easier, but he is boy mad so its not much help him talking about boys all day long lol, but Im used to it.

But the fact that Im not out is starting to get on top of me and I can feel it just about to pop out. Not sure if its a good thing or a bad thing :S

It sounds like you're reaching or nearing readiness, PLI. Good luck for when it happens. I think Chris would be able to understand where you're coming from if he's boy mad.

Well I did tell my dad on sunday and he very quickly changed the subject and didnt say anything else. They both came round for a meal on sunday but niether mentioned it. Ive had a very quick phone chat with my mum on monday asking if I had told my dad so obv niether have talked to each other. She phoned just as I was with customers and trying to deal with dropping a car in a garrage so coudnt realy stop and chat!

Feels such a Relief having told them and already Im feeling more confident telling other people as im not worring what if this gets back to my parents! Seems like only 2 mins ago I had never told another soul, now just about all my friends know, mum and dad know (brother dosent yet) and a couple of my closer work collauges know

Cheers for all the Replys guys! Over the last few months you have all been so cool and supportive to me to me soBighug to everyone!

princealbertofb Wrote:It sounds like you're reaching or nearing readiness, PLI. Good luck for when it happens. I think Chris would be able to understand where you're coming from if he's boy mad.

Yea its just scarey lol. what is PLI?

malcs Wrote:Well I did tell my dad on sunday and he very quickly changed the subject and didnt say anything else. They both came round for a meal on sunday but niether mentioned it. Ive had a very quick phone chat with my mum on monday asking if I had told my dad so obv niether have talked to each other. She phoned just as I was with customers and trying to deal with dropping a car in a garrage so coudnt realy stop and chat!

Feels such a Relief having told them and already Im feeling more confident telling other people as im not worring what if this gets back to my parents! Seems like only 2 mins ago I had never told another soul, now just about all my friends know, mum and dad know (brother dosent yet) and a couple of my closer work collauges know

Glad it has all went good Big Grin

malcs Wrote:Well I did tell my dad on sunday and he very quickly changed the subject and didnt say anything else. They both came round for a meal on sunday but niether mentioned it. Ive had a very quick phone chat with my mum on monday asking if I had told my dad so obv niether have talked to each other. She phoned just as I was with customers and trying to deal with dropping a car in a garrage so coudnt realy stop and chat!

Awww that's SO damn cool man! I'm so jealous of your braveness. I wish I could tell my dad. Just never know how he's gonna react to things. i always thought he was a calm laid back guy but lately he's proven to be a bit up and down so hmmmm.

PrettyLittleIcon Wrote:Yea its just scarey lol. what is PLI?

You mean WHO is PLI? as YOU are the one: Pretty Little Icon. I guess I'm just lazy and thought I'd be cool saying PLI, as I say WLM for WouldLikeMuscle... erm... sorry if you didn't recognise yourself as PLI :redface:

You've done really well, Malcs, so again I'll say I'm SOOOO PROUD of you. It's nice to hear of a coming out that is going well. Your dad probably needs a little time to digest the news; He may also not want to interfere, or might also secretly hope that you don't know what you're talking about. (Un)fortunately you do. So hang in there and give him time to adapt. He might want to ask you some questions some day. You might reassure him in that he hasn't done anything wrong for you to turn out that way. It's just life and nature doing its normal thing.
In any case it'll make things easier when you, eventually, have a boyfriend / male partner to show for your statement. Wink