Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Told my kids
Geminize Wrote:I did it. I came out with my teenage kids today. I was nervous and didn't really know what to say, but it went very well. I told them individually, and they both said they want me to be happy. Melt my heart! Hopefully they will let me know if any difficult feelings come up over the next few days.

Now that they and my former wife know, I will be coming out with other friends and family as it feels right. I met my boyfriend afterward for a celebratory drink. After a month of hiding our relationship, we stood close together on the street in our little town. I kissed him before getting in the car, not caring who might see. It was a wonderful feeling.

Thanks for all the support here!

MAY I SEND YOU BIG CONGRATULATIONS ON OVERCOMING THIS HURDLE.....

Im really happy for you and love it when coming out stories go well it gives hope and courage to others

Big hugz

Aunty Zeon x

Geminize, glad to hear everything is moving forward, you did say however "if any difficult feelings come up". May I suggest that if they feel that they can't talk to you about some subject that they come here and read the posts and look up the subjects that they question, that way they are not interacting with anyone but still finding info, also there is at least one straight ally here who always gives good advice, yes I mean you rainbowmom, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

Congratulations!! I love reading positive things like this. I got so much energy from this. It's nice to know you are no longer afraid of keeping your boyfriend a secret. I also love how positive your kids are. You're a great father figure and I'm sure your former wife is a great mother figure as well. Congrats again!

Today I came out with my mother (85 years old). Isn't it crazy that at 48 years myself, I was still nervous about telling her? My brother was with her, as planned, in case she needed someone there to talk to after I shared the news by phone. After just a moment's hesitation she said, "I'm so glad you have someone you feel special about." Then she went on with the conversation as casually as could be. My boyfriend and I will visit her for Christmas, and will be welcome to stay at my brother's house. She and my father raised their boys right!

I am so happy for you! Sounds like you have a wonderful and supportive family!

Somehow I missed this update before, but that's awesome and your mom is righteous! I'm glad for you!

Ah that is such an awesome story Smile
Happy it all has worked out for dude Smile

Congratulations! Im so happy for you.
Nothing beats the acceptance of people close to you.