Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Cruise's "The Mummy"
[SIZE="4"]Not very well, received by this critic:

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/2017060...ilm-at-all[/SIZE]
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

A bit mild for a British review, though I did like the bit about Lil' Tommy Cruse.
I bid NO Trump!

im off to see this at the cinema next week - critics always hate action movies anyway , show them a movie from a foreign land with subtitles and they cream their pants......Arnold Schwarzenegger's get slammed every time yet he;s pretty much box office gold - sod the pretentious critics - bring on the Mummy

matty7 Wrote:im off to see this at the cinema next week - critics always hate action movies anyway , show them a movie from a foreign land with subtitles and they cream their pants......Arnold Schwarzenegger's get slammed every time yet he;s pretty much box office gold - sod the pretentious critics - bring on the Mummy

@Matty7, I don't think that's quite true, I can think of quite a few action movies that have been well received by the critics; Schwarzenegger's "True Lies" for one and more recently the new "Wonder Woman" has received very good reviews partly because it has a coherent story, apparently the one thing that Cruise's "The Mummy" lacks. The other day I saw an extended trailer of "The Mummy" and apart from lots of CGI and shots of Cruise running (the characteristic exagerrated arm movements) and lots of syncophatic comments about Cruise by his fellow actors, it all looked incredibly boring. I wish you luck and do let us have your comments once you've seen it.

I was disappointed to find out this isn't a part of the The Rock/Brendan Fraser The Mummy ~ Scorpion King series.

Emiliano Wrote:I was disappointed to find out this isn't a part of the The Rock/Brendan Fraser The Mummy ~ Scorpion King series.

At least the Brendan Fraser series didn't take themselves seriously. They were all very much tongue in cheek unlike Cruise's effort.

the fiorst 2 Brendan Fraser Mummy movies were and still are brilliant films - just bring the cast back for a 4th sod the reboot rubbish that studios turn out now

the brendan fraser mummy movies were fun. this one by tom cruise, bleh. ww was definitely better

Went to see it last week.

Im hoping this particular Mummy Doesn't Return Laugh2

I LOVED the mummy I and II. Hell, I even loved The Scorpion King.

I'm wondering if tge reboot is bad like Suicide Squad, where they have 10 stories to tell in just 1 movie, making the plot feel rushed and superficial.