Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom's birth day, 7/16/71
I woke up, Friday, 7/16/71, somewhere in the outskirts of Mexico City. I had been sleeping in a doorway behind a cantina. The restaurant was open and I could hear cooks and waiters, pots and pans. They were making breakfast for their customers. As usual, I was flat broke and getting hungry. I got up and walked around to the front. I looked in and saw a nice restaurant with table cloths, silverware and fine crystal. It was a safe bet that I would not be dining there. I sat down on the curb and rolled my first joint of the day. Maybe I would forget about food if I got high. Maybe I wouldn't get the munchies.

It was Tom's birthday. He would be 25 today. I wondered if we could get ourselves both killed today. It was a nice day to die. I felt great since the moment I met Tom. I wanted to die in his arms and spend eternity together. Tom walked around the corner. He looked awake and alive. He started doing his weird stretches in front of me. He bent over and the curve of his ass mesmerized me. He bent backwards and my eyes bulged towards the front of his jeans. He was mine and God help the person who didn't accept that.

"Hi, John, how long have you been up? What are we doing for my birthday, I am curious."
"I am either going to have you killed or have fun with you later on."
"John, have fun with me later on, I am not quite horny yet."
"Tom, you tell me when you are horny and I guarantee delivery on time in the place where you want it."
"Let's see, John, do you want to scratch my back or tickle my tummy?"
"Tom, I want to cum in you and see you cum on your tummy."
"Sounds good to me, John, when and where do we get started?"
"Tom, the street is filled with little kids. Let's find a quiet spot."
"John, you are the guy that said we should remember sex. Screw me on the steps of the cantina for my birthday. I will remember it, I promise."
Tom bent down and stole a package of Luckies from me. He yelled he was going to trade my cigarettes for a great breakfast. He disappeared. I decided to murder the bastard when he came back. Unless he actually does find food. I will eat the food because I am hungry and I have the munchies. I am too high to be sitting here. I don't even know where 'here' is. Mexico, I think. But who the fuck knows. I was in Cancun yesterday, how did I get to Mexico City. Cancun was romantic. We walked along a big empty beach in the nude. We stopped to French kiss and rub our bodies together. We made love on the shoreline. The water rolled in and tickled our genitals. It was truly lovely. A real great day and we were both broke. Fuck every person with money. We had a great time dead broke with no idea how we would live another day. I hoped that God would provide. God bless God. He did provide. He kept us safe no matter where we were.

At that point, a distinguished looking Englishman, about 50, came out of the cantina. He looked down at me and said his name was Lawrence Osborne. He thought I looked in pretty good shape. I said I was a marine and in great shape. How can i help.
"Well, John, I have to drive to Tasco today. Tasco is the silver city not far from here. A few hours drive. Would you like to ride along with me. Last week, a friend was murdered along a quiet road on the way to Tasco. The police did not bother to investigate his death. My friends and I took up a collection and sent his body back to Pontiac Michigan. I don't want to be shipped as a body back to London. Can you help me out and ride with me?"
"Sure, Mr. Osborne, if I get you to Tasco. You pay me what you think you are worth.."
"John, don't you want to set a price up front."
"No, Mr. Osborne, I want to bring my own driver if you don't mind. My friend Tom is frail but a real great driver. Do you want him to drive. No one will get near us with Tom at the wheel."
"John, I don't want to give control over my life and my car to you and your unseen friend."
Tom came back with tacos and burritos and they made a nice breakfast. I was not as high. "Mr. Osborne, we can get you to Tasco and you pay us whatever you think you are worth. Do you have money on you?"
"No, John, all my money is in Tasco."
"OK, we will get you there."
Osborne jumped into the driver's seat of a big American car. I got in the back seat and started reading the book I had. The Seven Storey Mountain by Thomas Merton, a Trappist monk in Kentucky. Tom babbled to Osborne about our trip and how many weird escapes from death we had in South America.. Mr. Osborne told Tom that John seems to have 9 lives. Is he a cat or a man. A bit of both, said Tom. John has great instincts for fighting. If he says he can get you there, he will. Trust John, he has great instincts. Osborne said "He isn't very talkative, is he?" Tom said "Watch John go into action if something starts."

About 90 minutes later, we were coming along an empty road and a hay wagon blocked the road. I told Osborne to drive around and not stop. I can smell men behind that wagon, Osborne. You stop, you will be sorry. He slowed down and 4 men with rifles came out. They motioned for Osborne to stop. He did. Two men came forward and pointed rifles at Tom and Osborne. Another man came to the back door, opened it and told me to get out. The obvious leader was the guy who never raised his rifle. His eyes followed every movement and revealed nothing. I got out quietly. As I came to full height I grabbed the rifle of the guy holding my door. He was unprepared and I stripped him of his rifle. I glanced at the leader, he was raising his rifle. I opened the bolt. pointed the rifle at the sun, looked at the leader and said "This rifle is filthy. If you want to kill me I insist you use a clean rifle. I am an American citizen and know my rights. You must kill me with a clean rifle or I will fucking kill you."

I reached my right hand behind my back, the leader said I should keep my hands where he could see them. I smiled at him. He smiled back. He said,"What is your name, senor." I said "My name is John. What's yours?" "My name is Fernando. You know your job, John." "Si, senor, I will get this fucking Englishman to Tasco and any money he has will be mine. What do you want, Fernando, to make us leave and bother you no more."

"How much does he have John?"
"He says he has no money with him. It is all in Tasco."
"John, you seem like an honorable man. I like you. Bring $100 to my niece Maria in Tasco and this man can come back along this road when his business is done. Deal?"
"Deal." I said.

I pointed at Tom indicating he should drive. Tom shoved Osborne out of the way and got in the drivers seat. I got in the back seat and told Osborne he could stay or come with us to Tasco. Osborne wanted to leave and got in the passenger seat. Tom peeled rubber and took off. Osborne stared at me and said."What just happened, John?"
"I bought your life for $200 cash. We pay in Tasco. You said you have money there."
Osborne grinned. 'I have plenty of money on me, John. How much do you need?"
"What is your life worth, Larry? I just bought it. You are still alive asshole. I don't like being lied to. You said you had no money. Tom and I just risked our lives for you. Wipe that fucking grin off your face. You ain't in Tasco yet. Tom, show Larry some fancy driving."

Poor Larry wasn't quite up to Tom's driving. He puked in the front seat as Tom aimed at every bump in the road. We screeched into Tasco and Tom slammed the break. Poor Larry's head hit the windshield. We exited the car with $400 and threw Osborne the keys. We gave $100 to Maria, as promised. She smiled, she was talking to Uncle Fernando. He told her he wanted to do business with us again because we were honorable young men. I then bought $200 in leather goods from Maria at a whole sale price. Tom was very good looking, he looked like Mark Hamill in Star Wars, a clean cut American every farm boy from Iowa. The tourist girls went wild as Tom ran up to girls and showed them how beautiful a leather purse went with their clothes. I loved my guy, he could act like a fag designer from New York when he felt like it. I sat there quietly looking at Tom's ass and thought about what I would do to it later.

By the time we got tired of hoodwinking Osborne, we were up $1600 . A nice day's pay for Tom's birthday. He paid for the remainder of the trip in New Orleans. Tom and I got into two big food fights in restaurants there and got thrown out. Plus we pretended to be hotel critics for the New Yorker magazine, they comped our bill. I sure like traveling with Tom. We left NYC dead broke and always came home with some money. It is a nice feeling that 2 guys can travel and have amazing fun and pay for damn near nothing. Be nice and for some reason God will provide.

I particularly like the fact that Tom's ghost still comes to see me. We agreed to have some fun in heaven after we died. We saved each others lives so many times in strange places, I really fell in love with my planet as well as the guy I lived with. We lived like this for years and I laughed so hard. I wonder why so many people get hung up on money. Love works. It is the only thing you will have left when you die. I am looking forward to dying but Tom told me not to commit suicide or turn violent. As of right now, I am still grinning. Hope you are too.

My life feels like a grade B movie from the forties. You are right. We decided to behave on trips like characters from books, movie actors or our favorite TV shows. My real life felt so unreal, it still makes me laugh. Tom and I fought butter wars across 4 continents. Made sense to us and we didn't care if you understood. We had free will and made good use of it. I hate living with brain dead zombies who voted for Mitt Romney. You should be ashamed of yourselves. He says a real man has 2 elevators for his cars in his new house. I think a man looks better when he walks erect and claims free will as something given to him by God, not jerks in governments. Hooray for God. i am glad He never joined a religion. He spends his time being an intelligent God. If He sees us, He bursts out laughing at how ridiculous we are. I would hate to believe in a serious God. The universe is amazing and I can't get over how brilliant His design is. People really are a work of art designed by God. Celebrate God and your existence. Fall in love and become part of a community of like minded friends. I mean it. My cleaning ladies from Grenada and Jamaica say I am joyous. Get a head start on heaven and fall madly in love. You can take love with you when you die.

I am so preachy these days, someone should staple my lips and glue my fingers to my laptop.

Thank you for sharing and happy Birthday Tom.