Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too Much Texting?
I think texting is fine for chit chat, when it is appropriate. Texting is not good for in-depth conversations. However, like everyone else I like to be with people in person over anything else. Skype...just makes everything kind of weird.

I think something like a forum works well for in-dept conversations and does in its own way work so that you can get to know someone in a more intellectual way. Where as texting is shorthand, phone and in person might be too nervous or have too much on your mind to say all at once. In a forum, or slower forms of communication you can put more thought into things. Either way, people have their preferences and finding someone who is more compatible with how you like to communicate and just being able to click with them is the point.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I've never had this problem before. I'd actually love if guys text me more. My issue is when guys text me out of the blue and when I text back.........

They just never respond. I also don't like when I tell people to text me, because I can't talk and they still call for an answer to something they could've easily text me.

Seems like we are expecting too much of the people we call. Something like, "Well, I have time so they should too." is going on. I see that one of the big phone companies is now advertising a system which automatically refers business calls to the next most able person who can answer. What is this fear of not making instant contact? We are people, not junction points on a circuit board.
I bid NO Trump!

What gripes me the most is when I meet a friend for coffee or dinner or just to hang out and they spend the whole time texting with other people :eek:

Constant texts are annoying.

One time I got a text that didn't require an immediate answer (so I thought) so I didn't reply to it, especially since I was at work. After 15 minutes I get a call from the same person, I picked up thinking it was an emergency. He asked if I had gotten his text.

I told him that I had, but just because I can be reached 27/7 didn't mean I was available 24/7, and would reply when I had the time.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Gemini Wrote:What gripes me the most is when I meet a friend for coffee or dinner or just to hang out and they spend the whole time texting with other people :eek:
I don't like that either

Gemini Wrote:What gripes me the most is when I meet a friend for coffee or dinner or just to hang out and they spend the whole time texting with other people :eek:

Propose a game. Everyone at the table puts his phone face down in the middle of the table. Whoever picks up his phone before the dinner is over has to pick up the bill for everyone.