Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too afraid
just keep in mind that you know who and what you are and that's enough to be contented with the life you're getting.

unless you have a support network ie someone to talk too or somewhere to live, if it all should go wrong then you don't have to "come out"the chances of it going that bad are slim but why be backed into a corner when you don't need too, as long as you can accept it yourself,then if and whom you tell is up to you,don't force it,a first move maybe to start being more yourself,as in wearing that pink jumper you never would dare wear,be "gay" but just don't say it unless you feel you want too,as for religion don't let that make you feel ashamed,no where in the Bible does it say and mean that gay people are a sin,it uses the same word for us gays as it uses for the "sin" of eating shell fish,so please don't even start to think they know,sorry but are you going to beleive a book that was written by us men and not God or Jesus,it is a book that was written many years after the death of Jesus,sorry for the rant but it makes me mad when the religion argument is used,good luck and don't rush.

have you tried coming out to other persons aside for your girl friend you mentioned?

simon Wrote:unless you have a support network ie someone to talk too or somewhere to live, if it all should go wrong then you don't have to "come out"the chances of it going that bad are slim but why be backed into a corner when you don't need too, as long as you can accept it yourself,then if and whom you tell is up to you,don't force it,a first move maybe to start being more yourself,as in wearing that pink jumper you never would dare wear,be "gay" but just don't say it unless you feel you want too,as for religion don't let that make you feel ashamed,no where in the Bible does it say and mean that gay people are a sin,it uses the same word for us gays as it uses for the "sin" of eating shell fish,so please don't even start to think they know,sorry but are you going to beleive a book that was written by us men and not God or Jesus,it is a book that was written many years after the death of Jesus,sorry for the rant but it makes me mad when the religion argument is used,good luck and don't rush.

Let's not forget women wearing clothes made of two different threads, women in power over men, women speaking, etc is a sin. Plus you can sell your children into slavery, beat your slaves so long as it doesn't kill said slave, etc. Can't touch the skin of a dead pig so those in the superbowl are surely screwed too. XD The bible is ridiculous and should never be taken as factual. It's full of errors.
Skeptic's Annotated Bible / Quran / Book of Mormon for more bible fun Smile

My point about it all is don't put yourself in a dangerous situation. I personally waited till I was financially stable and on my own before coming out. Dad's side of the family? Disowned me. Mom's side accepted me.

My hubby came out and got disowned by his entire family.

It all comes down to love do you love yourself enough to tell the truth and stop living a lie?
does your family love you as god does? unconditionally
you are who you are and that is all.

BTW Welcome to the GS community of friends

First of all, good luck in whatever you decide to do!! I'm currently in (kinda) the same boat as you...I've told my parents and some friends, all of whom were very ok with everything. I told only the people who I knew would be ok with it first. Then, after they all knew, I came out to others who I wasn't so sure about. That way, if you get a bad reaction or whatever, you already have a support base of friends/family who know your situation and who can help. This is just what worked for me, it may not work for everyone. But it makes sense!! :biggrin:

Good luck! Stay strong, you can do this!

-Matt-

Mr. Not So Lonely Wrote:It all comes down to love do you love yourself enough to tell the truth and stop living a lie?
does your family love you as god does? unconditionally
you are who you are and that is all.

BTW Welcome to the GS community of friends

not telling you're gay doesn't exactly mean you're telling a lie...
being who you are is enough.. you don't wear around a penis over your shoulders to tell everyone you have a dick, do you?