Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too soon to invite him over?
I met this guy 5 weeks ago online and we have been on 1 date 2 weeks ago. I think it went really well and he texted me saying he had a really good time. We both love wine and I bought some (too much) last weekend at a wine fest he wanted to but couldn't attend. I really want to show him what I bought and want to get his opinion, but am also afraid that he might think it is too soon to invite him over.

Should we rather have a 2nd date at a restaurant or should I invite him over for some wine?

ABSOLUTELY INVITE HIM OUT AGAIN!

If you're concerned about having meet at your house, suggest you both meet at a local bar that serves good wine, have a glass or 2 there, then invite him over your place to show him the wine you bought.

GO FOR IT! The worse thing he can say is NO! The best thing he can say is YES!

Spadey! You Slut... Loveya

Perhaps you get to know him more, before just throwing caution to the wind and the wine in a glass Smile .

It's up to you, But I think you should probs meet him somewhere neutral and with enough peepz around, just incase things go weird.

Like a Park or the Beach or something. Both public, yet private places and both allow you to bring what you want Wink , such as Wine.

Lucky bitch!!!

LOL

I'd keep the wine for the third date.
:eyebrow-wiggle-smil

I vote for absolutely inviting him over for a wine tasting - just keep your hopes/expectations for anything more in check ;-) Baer

I don't know... 5 weeks of what two conversations and one date?

If you have mutual friends that can vouch that he is most likely not an axe murderer (Everyone is always surprised when that little secret comes out), then yes may be a good idea.

If this is someone you met through a dating site and you have no mutual friends who know a little about him, stick to the public places until you learn a wee bit more.

Wine at your place can take place date 3 or date 4.... If need be.

And if your only concern about what he may think is the issue, ask him 'What would you think if I invited you over to my place for wine?'...

BTW Great News - I'm cheering you on, Ra Ra Ra - all that stuff. Wavey

well it is more than just 2 conversations, we text almost every day, butI do agree I don't know him that well, hoping to get to know him better.

I took the chance, phoned him. This is how it went:
Him: So you had any of your wine?
Me: Well I have a dilemma and calling you for advice.
Him: What's the prob?
Me: well I am dying to try some, but I also want to show you what I bought.
Him: *laughs*
Me: I want to invite you over but afraid you might think I am moving too fast too soon.
Him: Well when did you have in mind?! r: On Saturday, sunset? We have an awesome view of the sunset.
Him: Well I dont think I have anything planned, let me get back to you.

I think that it will be awesome if he comes Big Grin I am so excited!

Spades Wrote:well it is more than just 2 conversations, we text almost every day, butI do agree I don't know him that well, hoping to get to know him better.

I took the chance, phoned him. This is how it went:
Him: So you had any of your wine?
Me: Well I have a dilemma and calling you for advice.
Him: What's the prob?
Me: well I am dying to try some, but I also want to show you what I bought.
Him: *laughs*
Me: I want to invite you over but afraid you might think I am moving too fast too soon.
Him: Well when did you have in mind?! r: On Saturday, sunset? We have an awesome view of the sunset.
Him: Well I dont think I have anything planned, let me get back to you.

I think that it will be awesome if he comes Big Grin I am so excited!

An' I was going to invite you to the farm

Waaaaaaaaaaaa sob sob sob Cute-kitten-sorry

Trial by error

trialbyerror Wrote:An' I was going to invite you to the farm

Waaaaaaaaaaaa sob sob sob Cute-kitten-sorry

Trial by error

Hahaha, thanks but not really a boer seun (farm boy) ;-)

5 weeks ago! I wandered where u been! Not spendin nuff time on gs, thats where :p

Yes! Go for it! - if theres wine involved it cant be bad! Smile