Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tough to discuss
Thanks SilverBullet,

I appreciate the encouraging words. I think what some may have trouble understanding is that i just don't have any regrets about not having feelings for a long term relationship, even at my late age. I enjoy freedom. The ability to do what I want and when I want without needing to consider the feelings of someone else. I do not like to hurt peoples feelings and my generous and supportive side of me tries very hard to please others and care about what they are dealing with. However, I do not have any feelings of responsibility for them. I have had a number of guys who were and are in relationships come to me when they were having trouble with their relationships. I tried to be objective and supportive as possible. I was just grateful that I didn't have to be going through it with a partner or lover.

I think I fulfill my feelings of connection through my many relationships with friends and family without the additional responsibilities of needing to be there for one specific person.

My attraction to sex is focused on pleasure. Most people have certain things in their life that provide them special pleasure. Could be sports, movies, performing arts, travel, dining or a myriad of other things. One of mine is a pleasurable interlude with a guy that I find attractive physically and in their reaction to being pleased sexually. a few hours together with someone like that is the equivalent to the pleasure others get from what they look forward to for special pleasure.

I am just going through a time in my life where I don't seem to be able to play the sports, find a good movie or performing arts event, places to travel or good meals to eat that others would find giving them special pleasure.

I am not giving up or I wouldn't have joined GS and responded to all you great guys who have offered your comments and support.

Anocxu,

If it makes you feel better, I will consider you a "smart mouth prick". LOL I am sure you are not. I have quite a bit of military experience so I can appreciate straight forwardness. Sometimes that is what people need.

You are right about change and challenges. Time always seems to work things out. There are a couple more avenues I may explore. As for challenges, the biggest one I feel I face is not finding potential companions, it is the process of determining the motives. As I have said, in the past, a part of what has made previous relationships with companions fulfilling is the venture we have shared as they pursued something in life that i could help with. Getting a young guy in bed only takes money. Getting a young guy in bed and having feelings of trust, appreciation, and a vision to work on together, that takes a lot more. Finding and developing that, there's the challenge.

Best wishes to ya and hugs as well ( as long as that doesn't me we are starting a LTR, LOL)

I didn't read past the 2nd paragraph before I figured out that you were slinging code for liking young boys.
Over it, and you, already.
~Beaux

Hi Beaux,

Since you read so little and still felt the need to comment, I just wanted to pass along that I am use to those who think as you do. It's fine with me. I am not living my life to meet someone else's limited social standards. My interest in sharing on this website was because it seemed like a forum of intelligent people who have an open mind. Aside from you, all the others offered some meaningful discussion and it has been a good experience for me, including your comments.

I would clear up one point about your selection of words. I have never had an interest in "young boys". Mainly because they have not mentally matured enough to know what their real visions and goals are for their future. So there isn't much I can do for them in an important part of the relationship that means a lot to me. Now the term "young men", that is fitting. Not just any young man. They need to be mature enough to understand what we were getting involved in. Although you may not understand it, I know for sure that you could not find a single one of them that would agree with your quick assessment of me.

I do wish you all the best in your monogamous relationship and truly hope it fulfills all your expectations and desires. My best to you both.

For all of you that took the time to share your thoughts and opinions, I want to say thanks. I suppose there may be an occasional new post and I will watch for them. I was right about the site. Everyone who did respond was considerate and mature. I did have hopes because of this that maybe I would run across someone that was compatible. Maybe yet in the future. For now I am being patient and exploring other avenues. Houston has a huge gay population. I am just not a bar scene guy so I will explore through other organizations. And there still may be someone who will just come along that I never expected. This is not goodbye. I still plan to check out this site now and then and offer a comment now and then. Best to all of you and your pursuit of happiness and relationships.