Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tough to "read" this guy
Quote:It sounds like this young man may be the type who doesn't find it easy to "open up" to people they have just met. It may take several dates before he starts to trust you enough to talk about his personal feelings, especially feelings of sadness.

This reminds me of a time (I was 18) when I had been invited to dinner by a couple of older gentlemen. After dinner, they broached the subject of me being a hustler - and the conversation suddenly went mute. I didn't want my naivety exposed (I had no idea what a hustler was), so I kept quiet. The silence was deafening, but they soon found another topic and avoided asking me questions of a personal nature.

On the other hand, there are some people who just don't do "small talk",,,,, but will rant for hours on a particular subject that's near and dear to their heart.

It's always interesting to find the right button to push - that will open a conversation with a person who has a quiet nature.

Thanks for the reply. I never really did find the 'button to push'. I will give it some time and then if I feel I want to see him I will arrange a date.

Quote:As far as the hook up, the OP is a brave man. If I'm on that situation and it is not as expected I bail fast.

Thank you for your concern about my safety. I really appreciate that. I usually always bail at the slightest scent of danger, but usually that is all avoided by the process of talking to the guy on the phone and sizing things up from there. One time however I was on the way to a guy's apartment and found it was in a bad part of town. I lost no time in getting out of there before I even went to his apartment. This was when I wasn't so familiar with where the bad parts of town are. Since then I ask them where they live, even if we plan to meet up in a public place. This gives me a clue about what to expect.

Regards,

Slider

Maybe the OP finally found dating material