Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Train journey in winter
These aren't recent, were taken quite a few years ago.

I was travelling from Glasgow to Inverness on the train, going through the snowy Scottish Highlands.

I wasn't sure I was going to make it as there were long delays at several stations along the way. The train was under speed restrictions on certain stretches of track, which enabled me to get some non-blurry photos. It was difficult to avoid reflection glare from the windows, but I tried. Here are a selection of snaps I was able to take along the way:

<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>
[-] The following 5 members Like Bookworm's post:
  • andy, BlueStar, CellarDweller, Cridders88, eastofeden

(12-19-2020, 07:25 PM)Bookworm Wrote: These aren't recent, were taken quite a few years ago.

I was travelling from Glasgow to Inverness on the train, going through the snowy Scottish Highlands.

I wasn't sure I was going to make it as there were long delays at several stations along the way. The train was under speed restrictions on certain stretches of track, which enabled me to get some non-blurry photos. It was difficult to avoid reflection glare from the windows, but I tried. Here are a selection of snaps I was able to take along the way:

Nice set @Bookworm.  To avoid reflections, hold the camera as close to the glass as possible.  The shots with something in the foreground are the most successful.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams
[-] The following 1 member Likes LONDONER's post:
  • Bookworm

very cool pics, Bookie! It's been quite some time since I've traveled anywhere by train.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!
[-] The following 1 member Likes CellarDweller's post:
  • Bookworm

Thanks for the tip @LONDONER  I'll try that out next time I'm in a similar situation  Thumbgrin

(12-20-2020, 03:09 PM)Bookworm Wrote: Thanks for the tip @LONDONER  I'll try that out next time I'm in a similar situation  Thumbgrin

Just make sure that the window is clean of course!
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams
[-] The following 1 member Likes LONDONER's post:
  • Bookworm

Makes me pine for some snow! I really do live in the wrong place for that (the majority of the time anyway). Nice shots Steve, very seasonal Smile
[-] The following 1 member Likes Cridders88's post:
  • Bookworm

(12-20-2020, 09:19 PM)Cridders88 Wrote: very seasonal Smile

Yes, that's one of the reasons I thought I'd share them, even though they aren't recent ones. We've not had much snow either the last year or two, nothing bad since that weather snowbomb we had in Feb '18. That was insane!
[-] The following 1 member Likes Bookworm's post:
  • Cridders88

Ahhhh - beautiful scenery and snow! I haven't seen any snow in years - since I was in New York. It never snows where I liveSad
[-] The following 1 member Likes eastofeden's post:
  • Bookworm