Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transgenders
For those that have doubts

The story of the boxing promoter Frank Maloney becoming a woman – Kellie – has received an almost uniformly positive reaction.
It seems the papers have changed the way they are reporting trans issues.
But go back almost 80 years and you find the papers reporting with astonishment rather than condemnation. When a female British javelin thrower and shot-putter became Mark Weston the headline in the Sunderland Echo was simply "Woman Athlete Now a Man!"

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-2874353...a&ns_fee=0
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

People need to grow up and learn that people are people and no matter what where when why you are you deserve dignity and respect.

All the best to her.

(Adam)
My primary care doctor is male to female transgender. He began and went through the process openly, and with a lot of support from both the medical community and the general public. The Boston Globe followed the transition. When it was complete, they did a marvelous article that basically said goodbye to Dr. Roy Berkowitz-Sheldon and welcome to Dr. Deborah Bershel. In a recent interview, she says she has no regrets. Some people had speculated that this could impact her medical career negatively, but it hasn't. Dr. Bershel is an amazing woman and role model. There were many struggles along the way, but she remained true to her vision of herself.

For the vast majority of us we have no concept of what it must be like when your body displays one thing and your brain tells you this this is all wrong. I hope this apparent more understanding attitude will help those who are at odds with their bodies and will encourage them to take the final step to who they really are.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

one question
Someone who doesn't think of themselves as either male or female
(like Moi) ,what are they classified as?
I saw this and that made me remember I never actually figured out what I was XD
also, Good luck to the Boxing Promoter

People who dont feel like either gender can be classified as either gender neutral or binary. and most either use both male and female pronouns. or neutral pronouns such as they/them/theirs.

Ah
I haven't (and possibly won't ) told(tell) my parents about that
But Know I know.. I think someone told me at one point, but I forget stuff randomly >:/
Tongue

Humeinator2 Wrote:one question
Someone who doesn't think of themselves as either male or female
(like Moi) ,what are they classified as?
I saw this and that made me remember I never actually figured out what I was XD
also, Good luck to the Boxing Promoter

There are several terms people like to use...genderqueer is probably the broadest, means something that doesn't fit neatly into the gender binary of male/female. Others use agender or gender neutral to indicate they don't identify with any gender at all. Genderfluid is used by people who feel they have 'shifts' in gender over time. There are even more, and there's overlap between a lot of these, since they also mean slightly different things to different people. Take your pick or none at all, whatever tickles your fancy.

I am third gender and personally abhor the term "genderqueer."

Uneunsae Wrote:I am third gender and personally abhor the term "genderqueer."

(Adam) I have a friend who's third gender and also hates the "genderqueer" label -- I agree, it sounds disrespectful and I think it trivializes third gender and makes it seem less legitimate.