Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I A Fanatic About Smoking?
Well being an ex smoker, I can actually relate. I'm glad I quit, I don't want to be around people who smoke or date anyone who smokes. I don't like the smell of it, despite having smoked for 14 years... The smell lingers, unlike pot which is gone much quicker compared to tobacco smoke.

The other thing is that I don't want to see my partner have the life taken out of them with the habit, I've seen what it's done to me and my mother and now watching it take its toll on my dad and I hate it. I mean yeah they're getting old, but the tobacco is sending it in the fast lane.

That all being said, I can tolerate the smell but not something I want in my life if I can help it.

But like you I don't allow smoking in my car or in the house....
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I don't think you're being unreasonable st all.

I agree, though, that the rare occasion cig is fine. But daily? Or even hourly!!? Eew.
I guess it's a little superficial, but so what!? This is your decision.

I hate smoking as well. I don't stay near people who do smoke, i.e. physically, I will move away to a different spot if they put on a smoke in my presence. I hate the smell, it makes me feel bad, and even without that I don't want it stuck on my clothes and hair.

If a friend or a guy I'm with smokes, it's their business, but I won't have it in my house. And I also won't stand near them if they are doing it when we're together somewhere.

Luckily, none of my close friends smoke. My best friend hates smoking and smokers like I do. The guy I'm seeing does smoke occasionally, but during the 4 years I've known him, I've only seen him smoke maybe 2-3 times.

Yeah, everyone has the right to do whatever they want with their bodies -- but get real, smokes are damn disgusting for yourself and for everyone around you.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

I'm with you 100% on this one, [MENTION=24419]Matt608[/MENTION]. I can smell cigarette smoke outside from 10 yards away. No way I'm going to be intimate with a cigarette smoker.

Kissing an ashtray is not romantic at all, its not sexy or appealing to me in the slightest - and the fact that i have asthma and he could bloody kill me with those cancer sticks just makes it a big no lol - im all for freedom of what u want to do with your body so i dont preach but i couldn't be with a partner who smokes if i even wanted to

I don't like smoking. It makes your clothes smell. My mum smoked from the age of 15 until she died from lung cancer last year aged 56.
An eye for an eye