Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Travel
I have just joined this site and am interested in getting to use it much more. But First.

I am a retired older gay man who did all the things that were expected in the 60's and 70's because gay was not acceptable. Now divorced and am living my own life. My first "partner" died a few years ago from a strock so I am basically alone. I do have an important man in my life but he lives in another town and we have a very "open" relationship.
That said .... I joined this group to get some advise on possible travel an gay locations. I have not really been aware of the "trend" .. I am planning one one of the gay cruises that are available, but looking for some other travel possibilities.

If anyone has any ideas, I would like hear from you.

Oedipus

Well I'm going to assume that you're wanting to travel internationally. I will say that most European nations... UK, France, Netherlands, Spain and so on are gay friendly for the most part. I would also think Japan is also gay friendly. My sister and her husband went to Japan and what they had to say about the people were very positive, everyone will try to help you out if you get lost, so I don't think the fact that you're gay will matter much. I wouldn't go to places like say Russia or the middle east (for other obvious reasons, war, upririsngs and so on).

If you're looking to travel through out the US. You know I think most places would be ok, but if you rolled into some tiny town in the middle of the dessert might not be the best idea. Places like California, New York, are probably towards the top of the list. I hate to refer you to google but looking up say top 10 gay friendly travel destinations in the US might give you some ideas.

Oh and I'd love to go on a gay cruise. Many things on the bucket list.... dunno when I'll get to them though.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!