Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Travel Destinations
With summer theoretically here in the northern hemisphere, what are your 2014 holiday plans?

Anything exciting? Any can't miss events? Please share.

For me, its a super long driving expedition through some of the most scenic country imaginable. I'll get the chance to visit some awesome hot springs, a portion of the Yukon Territory, the islands known as Haida Gwaii and sailing part of British Columbia's inside passage.

Looking forward to the 5000 km on the highway with just me and my dog. Nothing more relaxing than that.

Of course, an attractive partner could make the trip more enjoyable, but that would just be fantasy talk!!

What do you have planned?

I am on vacation as of Monday for two weeks.

I have a friend arriving from California, she'll be staying with me a few days, then together we fly out to Germany for a mutual friend's wedding. After that we fly back here around the 8th, she'll stay a few days to get her body clock back to US time, and then she'll fly home.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I cannot afford a holiday, but if I could, I'd go to Hokkaido and sit in the onsen for about 2 weeks.

You will need to educate me. What is the onsen?

I haven't done a vacation in 8 years... I'm always here, at my job, I live at my job - my job is all I know.....

The last major trip I took was driving from California to Iowa in two days time, spend a week there doing odd chores on the farm for the elderly aunt and uncle, drive back home to go back to work. Repaired shelves in the cellar, took down the dead tree (made firewood - lots of firewood) and home depot was involved.

The trip before that was to go up to Oregon to spend time with a friend, built a fence, remodeled the bathroom, painted the living room and something else equally fun which escapes me at the moment. Home Depot was involved.

So Vacations are pretty much similar to any other time in my later experiences. Just more trips to home depot.

We spend half of the year in Michigan and the other half is spent in Palm Springs, which is vacation.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I haven't done a vacation in 8 years... I'm always here, at my job, I live at my job - my job is all I know.....

The last major trip I took was driving from California to Iowa in two days time, spend a week there doing odd chores on the farm for the elderly aunt and uncle, drive back home to go back to work. Repaired shelves in the cellar, took down the dead tree (made firewood - lots of firewood) and home depot was involved.

The trip before that was to go up to Oregon to spend time with a friend, built a fence, remodeled the bathroom, painted the living room and something else equally fun which escapes me at the moment. Home Depot was involved.

So Vacations are pretty much similar to any other time in my later experiences. Just more trips to home depot.

You are more than welcome to come to my part of Canada for a holiday!!! I could conjure up lots of good relaxation time, with the involvement of Home Depot of course.

Alternatively can you weld? Am restoring a vintage sports car and right now it is a stalled project.

50Plus Wrote:You will need to educate me. What is the onsen?

https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/i...nsen+japan
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

50Plus Wrote:You are more than welcome to come to my part of Canada for a holiday!!! I could conjure up lots of good relaxation time, with the involvement of Home Depot of course.

Alternatively can you weld? Am restoring a vintage sports car and right now it is a stalled project.

Even if I could, I have enough experience to know to lie about my skills now... Xyxthumbs :biggrin:

Uneunsae Wrote:I cannot afford a holiday, but if I could, I'd go to Hokkaido and sit in the onsen for about 2 weeks.

Onsen in summer? Wouldn't you be boiled? LOL. But in Hokkaido,that's a different story I guess.

50Plus Wrote:You will need to educate me. What is the onsen?

It's Japanese for hot spring~

I'm going to Japan this summer~ Summer trip of the year,woohoo~! I've been wanting to go to Japan since I was in high school and obsessed with anime,haha. And I got very cheap return tickets too,less than 200usd~ But the weather is hot,even hotter than Malaysia (which is hot already to me!),hopefully that won't affect my trip. Baer

No onsen on this trip,next winter trip,perhaps. Wink