Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Psychotherapy - yes or no?
I am so glad for you, Aquarius. Therapy is such an individual thing that it is very hard to know what will work. If this advisor has unlocked something for you, you are very fortunate indeed.
I bid NO Trump!

Finding what works for you is all part of the journey. Small steps at first are better than no steps at all. Even the smallest change of routine to get you motivated can be inspiring. As others have suggested, meet ups in your area would be a great way to get you out and about, meeting others in creative subjects that your interested in.
I've used meet ups in the past and joined Hill Walking groups and Meditation groups. (I want to join a Creative Writing group too but I'm too lazy with my writing I think) :biggrin:

You just need to find what works for you and what stimulates you, and focus your energies into the positives that can come out of these activities.
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

Thanks guys.
Basically, the only reason why I would say a therapist is still not totally useless is, to have someone who you can talk to about everything, someone who listens to it all, someone I can trust that private details don't get forwarded to other people, someone who might ask me questions to help me discover myself, as my advisory guy did...

however, I still hope to find the above in a good friend. Rightnow I don't have a friend like this, despite having lots of "superficial" friends. None of them is close enough or "adequate" enough to have this deeply private relationship with. I guess it gets more difficult with age, as after school, you never again meet people that closely, that privately, that easily...

For me it's always hard to join groups because I have been in the role of "the outsider" in all my life, but maybe I'll take this as one of those things to "get over" this year.

I just started to get into photography, maybe I can find a group of people who have about the same level of knowledge, or I might look into other options, but I'm always scared of being judged whenever I meet people. But I guess I have to get over that. It might help to believe that the fear of being judged isn't bound to my actual flaws, but to my psyche.

I've also decided to become more active on social media like instagram and twitter, also gonna start writing a blog and share my photography stuff there and on flickr. I don't expect (nor do I want to) become internet-famous lol, but getting some feedback is probably not a bad idea, especially not if it's good feedback from strangers. I'll also use this as a tool to make me stick to my resolutions, to lose weight and to travel more, obviously without turning into an instagram-gym-selfie-monster.

Sure, this won't replace real interactions with real people, but it might help to get over my anxiety.

I am now quite sure that I won't do another therapy. Ask me again end of the year Wink