Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tresspassing
Do you ever get the feeling that someone is moving in on your territory? That someone is stepping into your life too far and mucking it up yet you can't do anything to stop it because it may be private property but its not yours.

Let me explain, I have a friend who I was very close to, now I have been distancing myself from him because the friendship has been spiked. I still like him and I still want him in my life but I want him at a distance. The problem is that he has become interlaced with my life somewhat. He is friends with my friends. And for some reason when I meet new people in my closed little world they all seem to know him!

I feel like I am suffocating, like I can't escape him he is everywhere to me open up my eyes its him that I see.

How do I retake my territory? How do I make it private property? without building a wall to shut him out forever [cause I don't want to do that]

Current Mood: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

I know what you mean.

I delt with it by just accepting him.

Whereas in your case... why was the friendship 'spiked'?

Wilem Wrote:Whereas in your case... why was the friendship 'spiked'?

Let's just say we were more than friends but our reasons where different. I wanted more from him because I really liked him. He used me for more because he couldn't get it from the one that he wanted it from.

Why I still want him in my life I don't know. It is stupid, but for now to me it seems that from his point of view it is a friendship out of convenience, be friends until uni is over or until we go our separate ways.

I can't speak to him anymore, not liekt he way we used to, like my best friend once said "something has been lost"

You will definitely have the distance you need after you finish uni... People lose contact after there is nothing in common to connect them.

As for now you probably see him very often now at uni maybe have the same classes. You cannot do much about that but how about trying not to sit near him or not get into a long conversation and get maybe a new circle of friends that dont know him or include him?
You could also speak to him and tell him you need to keep a distance from him and him from you because he behaved like an opportunistic and selfish dick. Most people i believe will understand what your reasons and if they dont to be frank who cares... Being civil is hugely important but not more than being honest, straight forward and make sure you keep you emotional serenity to healthy levels.
I think you say you want to be friends with him because you are kind but you are not particularly keen are you? If you are though you can be more diplomatic and tell him you need space as for now and not seeing his face everywhere you go like a ghost.

I understand what you mean about the private property, and I hate friends mixing with other friends.. I feel like Pshhh I want you in a seperate group from my other mates.

Its hard to mix them as it make me feels wierd.. but I dont know how to keep it seperate or anything.. In the end it makes me fall out with people as I cant find a way to do it. Sometimes its easier to like keep it all seperate.. But then whats the reasons that come up making it so hard?

I also think you need to think about whether he is worth keeping him in your life. :frown:
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]