Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tried To Make A Cake
Im a cake sculptor. I do fancy cakes, but instead of doing it all in fondant, I would rather sculpt the cake and then cover it with regular frosting.

Heres some tips for over cooked or slightly burned/dried out cake--

If its not completely dried out, make 1 inch long slices and make a sort of biscotti...then dry it out all the way, in a warm oven.

If it is completely dried out but not burned...slice it up, place on a cookie sheet, and dry it out all the way.
Then you can crumble it up and make "cake dust" for decorating your cake with, or flavoring the frosting with.

Completely burned cake is great dried out, crushed up, and then used in potting soil. When its completely burned, its pretty much a charcoal, which is good for plants...but you have to mix it with the dirt.

Cake that has been baked too long, but not so dried out or burned can be "soaked" with something wet....like simple syrup, champagne, cognac, sweet cream, fruit juice....or anything else you can think of.
Usually best to use real whipped cream for frosting when making this kind of cake.

Over cooked fruitcake can be used as doorstops, bricks, and "naughty gifts" for those people you love to hate. Please....I have all I can store, so dont send me any! LOL