Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Sabotaging US Postal Service Ahead of Election
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/m7jkx...e-election

Quote:“They need that money in order to make the Post Office work so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots,” Trump said on Fox Business Thursday morning of the states that are implementing universal mail-in voting ahead of the November election. “But if they don’t get those two items, that means you can’t have universal mail-in voting, because they’re not equipped to have it.”
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

More on the subject, some 500 sorting machines are being removed across the country. Say what you want about he USPS, but tell me this isn't stacking the deck for the election. Five states — Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington and Utah — currently conduct elections almost entirely by mail (source: https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch...-in-voting)

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/pkyv4...il-sorting

Quote:The United States Postal Service proposed removing 20 percent of letter sorting machines it uses around the country before revising the plan weeks later to closer to 15 percent of all machines, meaning 502 will be taken out of service, according to documents obtained by Motherboard outlining the agency’s plans. USPS workers told Motherboard this will slow their ability to sort mail.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Forgive my ignorance, this is an honest question (I respect your opinion I just want to know more about your idea).

How is preventing mail in voting "stacking" the deck?
Even for states that primarily vote via mail I would imagine there exists a percentage of the population of mail in voters.
Within that percentage there should be some amount republican and some amount democrat.

Then if the mail in vote is suppressed it simply forces more in person voting and the percentages of no shows should not affect the overall percentages of votes.

Simple example:
100% mail in vote
60% democrat
40% Republican

if the mail in vote is suppressed by 50% the percentage of votes by mail remain 60% democrat 40% republican.
Yielding the same end result.

I would think that the only way to stack the deck would literally be to filter mail based upon the vote itself.
That being said this may effect military voting for those overseas, I may be mistaken but I have been lead to believe that military votes tend to favor Republican.
Meaning this act would be counter productive.
[-] The following 1 member Likes Alakazam's post:
  • InbetweenDreams

More people will be voting by mail this election due to the coronavirus, i think that's a fair conclusion to draw. Pulling out sorting machines, intentionally defunding the post office, etc right before an election is well at the very least suspicious. My thoughts are that many of the people who will be voting by mail (due to the virus) are likely to be liberal leaning. After all, I have yet to see someone in a Bernie hat refuse to wear a mask because of their rights if you get where I'm coming from. Now that's just conjecture.

The impact on the post office probably won't effect my area, live in a very rural area...but rural areas of the country almost always favor republicans. So in large cities, which tend to favor democrats, this will be an issue and more people are more likely to mail ballots in due to the virus risk and waiting in lines for 8 hours.

Speaking of long lines. Kentucky, earlier this year reduced the polling locations from 3,200 down to just 200. https://www.courier-journal.com/story/ne...249221001/

Now, I don't know if that was twisted because this was for the primary, but that is really odd. Even in this rural county in NC I live in has several polling locations (there's like 10k population here).
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  •

Well more has come out. What is interesting is that the documents pertaining to the removal of equipment was dated back in May of this year about the same time he was appointed as postmaster general.

You can see the full document here, https://assets.documentcloud.org/documen...n-Plan.pdf

The other thing that seems to be going on is the removal of drop off boxes which since the news broke it seems they're backtracking with the removal...

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/ne...801ba.html

What is interesting is that most of these articles seem to favor the west coast such as Oregon, Idaho and Montana specifically (you can google for those stories). So very curious whether it is just in those states that is happening.

The USPS says it's just routine and that might be true but the sudden reduction especially the timing make it very curious to say the least...
Check out my stuff!

If the USA was another nation, the USA would declare war police action on the USA, and annex free us free us from the tyranny of the US government.
[-] The following 1 member Likes Chase's post:
  • ceez

(08-15-2020, 05:39 PM)Chase Wrote: If the USA was another nation, the USA would declare war police action on the USA, and annex free us free us from the tyranny of the US government.

Well, perhaps. I try to not be negative with the outlook. Likewise, everything is not fine so that why I feel the need to discuss these and other topics. The US government has certainly used its power to suit itself, perhaps to our benefit (that doesn't make it ok). Also a good point for those who say the government is too big as I don't think the US should be bombing countries when citizens are opposed to it. Of course the way around that is to convince people to support such actions and they did so, successfully many times.

Annnnnnnnnnnnyway... That's well outside the scope of this thread. Let's just hope that we as a nation can get away from this low point. Can't fix the past but perhaps we can make a better future? Am I just crazy for thinking that?
Check out my stuff!

Absolute power corrupts absolutely, not the first cases in the US Govt. Keep in mind please that if you are voting by mail that there are drop off areas like city hall, and the county clerks office that usually have a box just for ballots. Makes us have to drive and use gasoline so plan your trip to pick up anything you need along the way at the same time. Know as, make every trip count. As for myself, as my knee's continue to fail and walking and driving becomes more difficult, I plan on voting at my earliest opportunity before I can no longer drive. Just my thoughts, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]
[-] The following 2 members Like James's post:
  • ceez, InbetweenDreams

but seriously how is he the president?
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

(08-18-2020, 12:59 AM)ceez Wrote: but seriously how is the president?

What do you mean? Health? Mental state? How's he doing his job?

Frankly, despite all the bullshit and lies come out of his mouth he's not an idiot, he knows what he's doing and all the lies and bullshit he spews is a distraction.
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • ceez