Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump's desperation
Weren't people surprised by Brexit passing, though the polls said otherwise?

I don't believe polls anyway. I've never been called for a poll that didn't turn out to be trying to sell me something (either a candidate or product) dishonestly. Who are these pollsters calling? I bet they call very specific neighborhoods (which skews the results), and that many who plan to vote for Trump are too paranoid to answer polls even if they were asked to participate.

Trump has many things going for him. Some like the bigotry he riles up (a side many people have but don't dare show, at least offline, and he becomes their man). Still others believe wild, over the top conspiracy theories that they believe Trump can stop, or at least is not part of (so a vote from Trump is a vote against the New World Order pouring fluoride in our public water, for example). Others want to vote for him as a big "fuck you" to the establishment, and even to society, or even just at Hillary Clinton (for many reasons). Some are so shallow that they'll vote for any entertaining celebrity.

But the biggest thing he has going for him is that he's a Republican, and political bias affects the brain. What this means is that the Democrats and Republicans could have Beavis and Butt-head running on the Presidential ticket, and the hardcore supporters would be compelled by their own brains to overlook most of the negatives of their horse in the race while believing every wild BS urban legend invented about the rival candidate so that when Trump got the nod then he just got a "get out of fail free card" from the hardcore Republicans (many of whom would revile the man otherwise).

Speaking of which...

Pix Wrote:Trump has many things going for him.

Who died and made you Ann Coulter?

Get over yourself, girlfriend.

NativeSon Wrote:Who died and made you Ann Coulter?

Get over yourself, girlfriend.

Scared of competition for most obnoxious attitude problem on GS? Don't worry, I'll never be able to take your title for that. :tongue:

Pix Wrote:Scared of competition for most obnoxious attitude problem on GS? Don't worry, I'll never be able to take your title for that. :tongue:

I'd say I hardly even post here on this forum so how is that even possible?

I'd also say it's attitudes like yours that reestablish the idea that a place like the US has to exist--whether you like it or not.

[Image: 13895143_1206255349467517_19214371515298...e=58971B20]
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I was listening to a podcast yesterday that included a some by Aimee Mann called Cant You Tell. It has the unbelievable ability to humanize Trump for me, to make me feel sorry for him even. In a very, he's mentally disturbed and may not be in control of himself sort of way.

Not in control of himself? A lot of people are mentally disturbed. To what degree and what they do is another story. I don't think you or I have any more or less control than he does. We're all prisoners of our own heads, our own feelings and so forth. I don't think there is any more of an excuse for Trump's actions than me saying something mean to someone here on GS. Sure Trump is a human whether he has any remorse for things he's said and done is unknown. I for a long time thought he was just putting on a show and actually behaved in a different way, then I remembered the "You've Been Trumped" documentary. He's no different now than he was back then, says almost the same thing. The problem is that most people don't know anything about his history and the things he has done publicly that really make him what he is. You don't have to looking for emails to know what sort of stuff he is into.

Speaking of mental illness....most people do have some kind of mental issue, whether it is depression, anxiety, bi-polar disorder, etc.. Trump is a psychopath, so are a lot of politicians and people who seek power...if you ask me. Who else would want to rule the world. I don't.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

thought some of you might find this funny:

axle2152 Wrote:Not in control of himself? A lot of people are mentally disturbed. To what degree and what they do is another story. I don't think you or I have any more or less control than he does. We're all prisoners of our own heads, our own feelings and so forth. I don't think there is any more of an excuse for Trump's actions than me saying something mean to someone here on GS. Sure Trump is a human whether he has any remorse for things he's said and done is unknown. I for a long time thought he was just putting on a show and actually behaved in a different way, then I remembered the "You've Been Trumped" documentary. He's no different now than he was back then, says almost the same thing. The problem is that most people don't know anything about his history and the things he has done publicly that really make him what he is. You don't have to looking for emails to know what sort of stuff he is into.

Speaking of mental illness....most people do have some kind of mental issue, whether it is depression, anxiety, bi-polar disorder, etc.. Trump is a psychopath, so are a lot of politicians and people who seek power...if you ask me. Who else would want to rule the world. I don't.

I can't explain it all as eloquently or interestingly as they did on the podcast. I'm also in no way interested in taking that stand right now. It's not I'm a fan of his or claim to have some understanding about what's going on in his head. I just found it an interesting perspective, and I think Mann wrote a compelling song.

But I'll suggest the podcast, it's been entertaining and interesting so far to listen to.
http://www.slate.com/articles/podcasts/trumpcast.html

[MENTION=21558]Emiliano[/MENTION] I'll take a listen to it once I have enough freetime to do so...I think it is going to be a long shot for me to feel bad for him, at least in the sense of "Oh you poor thing" anyway.
Check out my stuff!