Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trumpy does it again
Because apparently Trumpy gets his news from Fox News instead of his security advisors, he managed to attribute a terrorist attack to Sweden instead of Sehwan in Pakistan. It's only a continent away Trumpy, only a continent:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017...ror-attack
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

You know, I had Fox News on just for shits and giggles and you know what, they seem to be split on Trump. I mean pretty bad when your own party doesn't trust you. I mean they had McCain on there basically hinting that Trump is trying to discredit all the media (or any media that is against him) and adds that "that's how dictators get started."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/18/politics/j...index.html

This is why I don't like watching the news, first, they talk about things that aren't that important and high speculative stuff...and now I need xanax.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Except he really didn't do that at all...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/...eport.html

Pundits jumped on the story offering their opinion about what Trump meant, didn't seek clarification before publishing.

Chalk another one up for fake news. Or as I'm calling it now #OUTRAGECIRCLEJERK

kindy64 Wrote:Except he really didn't do that at all...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/...eport.html

Pundits jumped on the story offering their opinion about what Trump meant, didn't seek clarification before publishing.

Chalk another one up for fake news. Or as I'm calling it now #OUTRAGECIRCLEJERK

And you seriously believe that his "clarification" is convincing?
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Unfortunately "That's not what he meant" (even though that's what he SAID) is getting to be a theme.

Now the makers of the documentary are saying they were misrepresented by Faux News.

And yes, McCain's testicles have re-emerged like the proverbial groundhog and he's going after Drumpf with a dull knife. It was embarrassing to hear him, Pence and Mattis contradict all Drumpf's bold claims in an attempt to reassure the Europeans. We're backing up on NATO except we're not. The press are the enemy of the people, except that they're not. Who is actually in charge?

I'm not really going to get into the pro or anti Trump lobby.
But...
Trump has to be one of the strangest presidents in the history of the US.

Rhyolite Wrote:I'm not really going to get into the pro or anti Trump lobby.

Yes yes! You want to! JOIN US! Catfly
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Simple question. Where did he say anything about a terrorist attack?

Paragraphs before and after the one with Sweden in it are talking about IMMIGRATION and vetting. Where he mentions Sweden, he's talking about them having problems, no mention of terror attacks.

So, why wouldn't anyone believe the White House explanation of what he was talking about. Oh yeah, because it advanced their narrative that Trump is dumb, or rash, or whatever.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/nation...cIKndWB0M/

Quote:So and it goes, “for such as he shall seem necessary suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants or impose on aliens any restriction he may deem to be appropriate.” So basically it says the president has the right to keep people out if he feels it's not in the best interest of our country. Right? Unbelievable. Unbelievable. And I listened to these judges talk and talk and talk. So unfair. So we'll be doing something over the next couple of days. We don't give up. We never give up.

We had a court that I disagree with. I disagree with big league — and by the way, whether you read it or whether you watch it on television when other lawyers come on, many of them can't even understand. They're saying how do you come up with that decision. It cannot be more simple. So they're ruling on what I just read you and they don't even quote it in their ruling because you can't because it's too obvious. So we will do something next week. I think you'll be impressed. Let's see what happens.

Here's the bottom line. We've got to keep our country safe. You look at what's happening. We've got to keep our country safe. You look at what's happening in Germany, you look at what's happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this. Sweden. They took in large numbers. They're having problems like they never thought possible. You look at what's happening in Brussels. You look at what's happening all over the world. Take a look at Nice. Take a look at Paris. We've allowed thousands and thousands of people into our country and there was no way to vet those people. There was no documentation. There was no nothing. So we're going to keep our country safe.

And we all have heart, by the way. And what I want to do is build safe zones in Syria and other places so they can stay there and live safely until their cities and their country, that mess that I was left by Obama and everybody else — folks, we were left a mess like you wouldn't believe, but we're going to build safe zones. We're going to have those safe zones.

When you bracket it with places where there HAVE been attacks and say "last night" like something specific and shocking occurred, it is not unreasonable for people, particularly people IN the place, to say Waitwhat? What happened that we missed?

And yes, the left will take the opportunity to poke fun at him, because he's a despicable human being who lacks the experience or self-discipline for the position to which we've foolishly entrusted him. Since he has such disdain for the press* or men and women who are trying to protect the environment or the rights of vulnerable people and animals. It horrifies me that he calls anything he doesn't agree with "fake" even when there is scientific research, sworn testimony (or himself talking on video) to the contrary). I will never give him the benefit of the doubt because he's already proven that he IS rash and has no regard for the truth.

* full disclosure I have huge respect for journalists and detest the way they are being vilified when they work tirelessly to keep us informed. My father and sister are journalists and I grew up spending a lot of time in the newsroom. My dad's paper had to expose questionable activity by an elected official who had been a big supporter of the paper and a personal friend to him. There was never a question of the right thing to do in the circumstances, and the official lost his job, his marriage and his career. So to hear Drumpf dismiss respected papers of record like they were trash tabloids, just because they will not subscribe to his propaganda campaign, particularly irks me.

And the equivalent reaction when Obama or Clinton (either one) misspoke was.... crickets, or the media bending over backwards to explain what they meant.

When "respected papers of record" push out trash like this, and they've been doing it one-sidedly for decades, is it any wonder the press has less respect than it used to.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/195542/americ...w-low.aspx
http://www.gallup.com/poll/1597/confiden...tions.aspx