Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trumpy's attitude towards the transgender
What more could be expected from this neanderthal?

https://www.rte.ie/news/2017/0223/854770-us-politics/
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Yep... we're fighting over where people should take a dump...still.

Definitely something to pay attention to but I also feel that it is a distraction to instill outrage...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

InbetweenDreams Wrote:Yep... we're fighting over where people should take a dump...still.

Definitely something to pay attention to but I also feel that it is a distraction to instill outrage...

Yep, as if there were not more pressing international issues to attend to.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I don't understand how a judge has preemptively blocked this?

What's sadder is that Jenner idiot will probably vote for it.

I doubt Drumpf has spent much time thinking through his attitude about this, but it's clear that among his base male > female and thus any attempt by a male to ascribe to feminine anything is seen as anathema and any attempt for a female to assume male privilege is a threat. It pretty much informs every social policy they make.

ShiftyNJ Wrote:What's sadder is that Jenner idiot will probably vote for it.

I doubt Drumpf has spent much time thinking through his attitude about this, but it's clear that among his base male > female and thus any attempt by a male to ascribe to feminine anything is seen as anathema and any attempt for a female to assume male privilege is a threat. It pretty much informs every social policy they make.

That is likely to be correct and I also feel that Trump is a puppet, probably more so than previous presidents. Who knows, but Trump will tend to appeal more to conservatives and I tell you some people, people where I live would jump off a bridge if he said that was the right thing to do...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Quote:Mr Trump rescinded those guidelines, even though they had been put on hold by a federal judge, arguing that states and public schools should have the authority to make their own decisions without federal interference.

So, the policy under Obama, which was put on hold by a federal judge, and which the Obama administration stopped enforcing, was rescinded so that states can make their own decisions about what accommodations a local school system should use for their own transgendered students. Heaven forbid, the worlds gonna end...

https://www.ed.gov/news/press-releases/u...x-guidance

Quote:We have a responsibility to protect every student in America and ensure that they have the freedom to learn and thrive in a safe and trusted environment. This is not merely a federal mandate, but a moral obligation no individual, school, district or state can abdicate. At my direction, the Department's Office for Civil Rights remains committed to investigating all claims of discrimination, bullying and harassment against those who are most vulnerable in our schools.

The guidance issued by the previous administration has given rise to several legal questions. As a result, a federal court in August 2016 issued a nationwide injunction barring the Department from enforcing a portion of its application. Since that time, the Department has not enforced that part of the guidance, thus there is no immediate impact to students by rescinding this guidance.

This is an issue best solved at the state and local level. Schools, communities, and families can find – and in many cases have found – solutions that protect all students.

I have dedicated my career to advocating for and fighting on behalf of students, and as Secretary of Education, I consider protecting all students, including LGBTQ students, not only a key priority for the Department, but for every school in America.

We owe all students a commitment to ensure they have access to a learning environment that is free of discrimination, bullying and harassment.

I like that when it comes to trans people using the bathroom it's a states rights issue but when it comes to people smoking weed, this administration wants it to be a federal thing.

Emiliano Wrote:I like that when it comes to trans people using the bathroom it's a states rights issue but when it comes to people smoking weed, this administration wants it to be a federal thing.

That is definitely something I disagree with. Drug prohibitions only encourages the black market.

So, should a 12 year old transgendered girl, who isn't on hormones, and still has all their male equipment be allowed to shower with 12 year old girls after gym class?