Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Try, try again...
Okay, so I am stuck in the closet at the moment, and it is rather lonely in here. I am a country boy from outside a small rural town and am unaware of any fellow gays nearby – as I said, the closet feels rather empty. I am seeking contact with the gay community for friendship. Just turned twenty-five and am having a quarterly life crisis. Wink

I am currently caring for an ill relative (fulltime), though in another few years I should be free to move on (good news, since they are hopefully recovering). Other than that, I was planning on university until those plans were placed on the back burner. In the meantime I am what you might call a struggling writer (and I do write, with over twelve novels on the go!). Sounds better than unemployed and everyone appears to want to define a person by their occupation. Always the first question asked, right?

This is my second attempt – another website was not going so well.

I may be stuck in a rut at the moment, but life could always be worse. As you might have guessed, I am outgoing and positive. Sure life likes to smack me around; I stumble/fall and am back up on my feet. But heck I would like to meet someone with a perfect life.

Going to take a couple days to familiarize myself with the website… Smile

Ah we have a writers corner here also, glad the health issue is positive, good to see you, many here your age, read the posts to get to know us, post often so we get to know you, James
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

Hey jovial, welcome to gs. I agree it's the song not the genre, good and bad songs in every genre. Good luck with your stuff

Hi there, if you're persistent and friendly, the people here are very friendly. We seem to be a little rougher lately, but isn't everyone? I promise you'll like it though if you give us a try...

Also, your situation sounds difficult... Don't take too many burdens that don't belong to you, find things (hobbies, etc.) that you're happy doing, and make clear and definite plans for the future. You want to go to university --- so figure out how exactly that's going to happen --- and if you need to academic upgrade to do so, do it!

Come out of the closet to friends and family that will be okay with it.... If you don't have friends that are okay with gay people, make some new ones... you need to take an active role in designing a life where you can be open with friends and family. Family is a toughy because you can't just go and get a new family, but you can and someday will be in a position where you can come out to them.

Important Note: Being in the closet isn't the definition of who you are.

So keep your head up, and stick to your plans and being happy with your present, and have faith in yourself that it will come together.

And, if you need someone to come to, you have all of us. That's kind of what this forum is for me.

Was that a good welcome? Because I hope it was --- Welcome to Gay Speak, I hope you stick around Smile.

Also if you stay and decide to leave one day, maybe tell us where you went. I have this thing where I get attached to people and worry they've died. That would be really nice. I hope you don't go away though. Smile.

Hello!

There's plenty of peeps to talk too on here.
The only other Canadian I know of on here is Kenny221. He's super nice. I dont know where each of you live in relation to your cities, but he might can help you out, if he knows anything about your area.

Butter

Sorry, I survive in a rather toxic environment (family included) Sad

If I can get my relative well enough to live on their own - I am outta here!

12 books at the same time... And how many have you finished?

And what is wrong with having the job as 'caregiver'? That is a big job, tending the needs of another.

Welcome to GS Smile

Like any group, there will be some here you like and some you don't. Hopefully you will find what you're looking for in connecting with other people. It's a good place for advice and more.

Form one closeted guy to another..welcome Wavey

Taking care fo someone elses needs: fantastic! That says a lot about you

You seem to have plans for the future...having plans is always good makes you have something to look for.

Until you can get to live that better life, we are here to listen, to advice, to share a shoulder to cry on, to give you a smile when you need it!

Confusedmile:

Welcome to GS Jovial, you will find plenty of writers on here, of one sort or another Smile

If you have access to a smart phone, there are plenty of downloadable app's such as Grindr, that will give you the approximate distance to the closest gay guys in your community.

Im not suggesting that you engage in casual sex, however firing up the app may at least make you aware that your not the "only gay in the village" Shakin

You are NOT alone.

Dance2Dance2Dance2

ObW
X