Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying to feel better about things... advice?
Eth21 Wrote:Well first off apologies for sounding like a broken record when I say this again but all the things u said ring true for me as well. I felt that way for a while all my freinds seem to be getting into long term relationships or finding there perfect job and I just seemed to be left at the side lines not even knowing who I was or what I was gonna do (this was made worse by my whole trying to be normal like everyone else attitude). It started to really get me down but then one day I realised what everyone on here has jus said and I should just accept that this is the cards I've been delt and need to live my life not someone else's.

Yeah, I have a problem with comparing myself to others. I know it's wrong, but unfortunately, it's a natural habit of mine, and I do it without even realizing.

Also, I'm stubborn as hell. That's probably why I haven't gotten far in the past year, too much will-power with too little traction. Reminds me of my ice-river of a driveway... damn winter.

Yeah I know what you mean It's a hard habit to try and break I have bad days were I jus sit and think and always find myself comparing to everyone I know... And I'm extremely stubborn as well so need to work on that. On a lighter note and not to rub it in or anything but hasn't snowed here once this year Wink tho I love snow and wish it would so send us some this way!!

Eth21 Wrote:Yeah I know what you mean It's a hard habit to try and break I have bad days were I jus sit and think and always find myself comparing to everyone I know... And I'm extremely stubborn as well so need to work on that. On a lighter note and not to rub it in or anything but hasn't snowed here once this year Wink tho I love snow and wish it would so send us some this way!!

Be my guest, we have enough winter for everyone Wink the only time I ever set foot in England was when I had a layover in Heathrow last year in the dead of Winter. It was a balmy 15C outside, complete with rain, just as promised haha

i completely understand... Im 24 now hut when i was your age i had little to none experience socially. i had friends but i didn't belong in a clique or wad very popular. i didn't date but everyone around me was. take the time to get out of your shell. it may seem bleak but its not so bad. it takes time to grow...
my first date was when i was 22 lol. i was single all this years.

Sweetheart you need to be true to yourself , get off the merry go round of trying to please everyone.
If you need change be the change ,just take it one day at a time and become the best you can be.

We are all here for you.