Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuning in.....
Is there anyone that you will specifically tune in to see on any given talk show? I have been looking at the lineup for as long as I can remember...i only tune in if I really like the person....

I am usually loyal as hell too...I rarely "fall out of like" with anyone..so I have followed them for years....

Here is one site I use...there are others...I also check Bravo to see who Andy Cohen has on

http://www.interbridge.com/lineupsdate.html

My "must see" list....

Lily Tomlin
Chaka Khan
Joe Rogan
Diana Ross
Liza Minnelli
Mike Rowe
Al Pacino
Jessica Lange
Bill Maher
Bette Midler
ANYONE from The Waking Dead LOL
______________________________________________________________________________________

...and if I have time and am in the mood

Kristen Wiig
Jane Fonda
Dustin Hoffman
Katharine Ross
Chris Botti
George Benson
Jimmy Carter
Idina Menzel
Chris Rock

There are others that I will tune in for.....I do kinda like looking at The Rock (Dwayne Johnson) LOL

Anyone you tune in for?

Jackie Chan.

That's about it.

If I find an interview with these people I will watch it.

Aubrey Plaza
Bill Burr
Louis CK

And of course Ann Coulter as I like to watch her make an ass out of herself.

I'm not a big fan of TV or movies. My Roommate continually throws out actors names and I'm usually at a loss as to whom he is speaking about.

I have discovered that for those few shows that I have watched, I have gotten the name of the character as the actors name. Thus Adrian Monk is Adrian Monk in every show/movie I have seen him. he played in the Men in Black series and I can't recall his real name.

There are a few actors who I know by name - Meryl Streep, Tom Cruise, Tim Curry, Tom Baker... Will Shatner, Lenard Nimoy and.... um.... well thats it.

I rarely ever watch a celebrity interview and never read something like People or Entertainment magazines. I'm not that interested in their personal lives and that seems to be the focus of interviews and articles about celebrities and when they talk about something else, it usually asking the celebrity about the lives of other celebrities they know or have worked with. The musicians, actors, authors I idolize, I do because of their work. My favorite singer from my favorite band, I can't tell you who she is married to or if she is even married. There are some celebrities I can tell you a little bit about their lives, Kanye and the Kardashians, Beyonce, Brad and Angelina, and some others because unfortunately regular news broadcasts and newspapers have decided it is important for me to know this crap.

Iceblink Wrote:I rarely ever watch a celebrity interview and never read something like People or Entertainment magazines. I'm not that interested in their personal lives and that seems to be the focus of interviews and articles about celebrities and when they talk about something else, it usually asking the celebrity about the lives of other celebrities they know or have worked with. The musicians, actors, authors I idolize, I do because of their work. My favorite singer from my favorite band, I can't tell you who she is married to or if she is even married. There are some celebrities I can tell you a little bit about their lives, Kanye and the Kardashians, Beyonce, Brad and Angelina, and some others because unfortunately regular news broadcasts and newspapers have decided it is important for me to know this crap.

I agree with most of what you said but for me...it really isn't so much about their personal lives as much as it is because I just generally like them and I find a lot of stuff they talk about (collectively) interesting....or I just love their personalities. It isn't really much different than listening to my friends or even acquaintances talk about something interesting....

I don't really follow anyone like that, but I did just buy Rolling Stone magazine because Madonna was on the cover.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!