Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twink/Bear wars. My stance as an 18 year old gay man that identifies with the "bears"
If you google "Twink vs. Bear" you'll find tons of pages saying that one side is better than the other. I've seen some bears say that twinks are too feminine and I've heard some twinks say that bears are fat, hairy, and hyper-masculine. I know that in the end it's all a matter of preference but in terms of the fighting between the two. I feel like I have to get this off my chest.

Most gays and lesbians have the same desire. To be accepted by a predominatley heterosexual society while still being gay and proud. Nowadays in 2013, we've come a long way. I've noticed a lot of straight men now have a lot of friends that are homosexual men and a lot of straight women now have a lot of friends that are lesbians, or at least where I live. There are still homophobic assholes in the world and the gay community is trying to stop that but when I think of this whole "Twink vs Bear" thing...I stop and think? Why aren't we practicing what we preach? We want straight people to accept gays, and yet two seperate factions in the gay community are at odds with each other! Where is the equality in that?

This is why there will never be world peace.

I really don't like the act of labeling homosexual people by their physical states in and of itself. I refuse to even accept internet hostility between twinks and bears as an actual problem. But hey that's just me.

Hmm.

I acknowledge all the types, I guess.

I mean, aren't we supposed to be a rainbow? The full spectrum? All the flavors?

Smile

So, yeah, what kind of a world would it be without chocolate AND vanilla.

I happen to prefer chocolate. You might like vanilla. So what? Neither is better!

In high-school you have your clicks, Jocks, Cheerleaders, Goths, Nerds etc. etc. etc.

Well in adulthood you still have the clicks, its just that people pretend that we need to stop doing that and be one people. Few actually do fall for that silly myth - LOL

Homos (as in homo sapiens) are a clickish creature by nature, the 'Us V Them' thing is pretty much hardwired into the hardware. Thus you see 'my culture is better than your culture' 'My race is better than your race' 'My nation is better than your nation', 'My god is better than your god', 'My faith is more right than your faith' - name it and there is an opposing view which is rarely based on any reality, but based on self perceptions of a creature that is pretty much hard wired to seek to be 'better than' its fellow creatures.

Undoubtedly in the millions of years of evolution leading up to the Civilization Age, this Us Vs Them mentality served a purpose in a world of limited resources being a bit picky about whom you shared with lead to the survival of you and your family line (genes).

Homos (as in LGBT) are still Homos (as in homo sapiens). Being gay doesn't make you magically better than everyone else, doesn't give you magic powers to overcome millions of years of evolution.

My perference is probably bears.... I love those hairy bears Smile

Well, not sure I understand the real problem. For me, there are just people who express their preferences. There's no reason to see intolerance where there isn't as if there wasn't enough. Or something I didn't understand ?

EDIT : I mean in very most case, of course.

Yeah I agree, that's just hypocracy! I recently watched a movie where 2 gays were making fun of a transvestite, no make sense!! Even if it was a movie I'm sure such things happen all the time irl. Humans are just horrible :[

Attitudes and labels go directly in here....

[Image: garbage_cans_l.jpg]

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:In high-school you have your clicks, Jocks, Cheerleaders, Goths, Nerds etc. etc. etc.

Well in adulthood you still have the clicks, its just that people pretend that we need to stop doing that and be one people. Few actually do fall for that silly myth - LOL

Homos (as in homo sapiens) are a clickish creature by nature, the 'Us V Them' thing is pretty much hardwired into the hardware. Thus you see 'my culture is better than your culture' 'My race is better than your race' 'My nation is better than your nation', 'My god is better than your god', 'My faith is more right than your faith' - name it and there is an opposing view which is rarely based on any reality, but based on self perceptions of a creature that is pretty much hard wired to seek to be 'better than' its fellow creatures.

Undoubtedly in the millions of years of evolution leading up to the Civilization Age, this Us Vs Them mentality served a purpose in a world of limited resources being a bit picky about whom you shared with lead to the survival of you and your family line (genes).

Homos (as in LGBT) are still Homos (as in homo sapiens). Being gay doesn't make you magically better than everyone else, doesn't give you magic powers to overcome millions of years of evolution.

Ack! Took the words out of my mouth BA! Humans are after all just animals with a hightened level of intelligence (sometimes lol) and it doesn't matter how much you know, but how you well you wield it.

And as we can observe from our glorious animal kingdom, there are Cliques in many animalia species, especially the more socially structured ones;pods, prides, troupes, herds, colonies, packs, they are all cliques and have hierarchal cliques within the infrastructure, to accomplish what BA has so eloquently stated :p, to be better than.

It's a very base phenomena, but is relevant to most species survival, especially in a social setting, because for instance, if a wolf is run out of it's pack, it tends not to survive for very long and the heirarchy part of it, is to maintain a socio-idiosyncratic level of dominance and hence forth allows for the guaranteed furtherment of that particular group or in a specific sense, genetics.

Which is why Alpha wolves get first pick for their mates, as they pick the best, to produce the best and why Male Lions fight so fiercely to protect his pride or run off rival prides, because it would be a threat to being the best pride in the area.

So more or less, atleast Human's are more diplomatic in their debates, however petty the root of said debate.

Personally, I feel like "bears" to some level or another have self-internalized homophobia, and while coming to terms with their sexual attraction and orientation, cannot and will not condone or glorify a stereotype in which they believe is "anti-man", because fems or twinks appearantly are not real men :/ . And so make the disassociation with such a culture by immersing themselves in the complete comparative north of what they think a fem or twink is.

But that's alright gurl, cause at the end of the day, they still like what every other gay/bi guy likes, so, what's the problem? :p