Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two "ahh" photos
For no other reason than because.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:For no other reason than because.

Oh the 2 puppies are so cute! Smile

Love doggies!!!

I have one little dog (Speed-Bump) who is recovering from back surgery, and the other (Big Mac) is at the Veterinarian this morning getting his teeth cleaned.

This home seems rather quiet this morning without those two playing & running around the place..
We Have Elvis !!

I came to this topic with the mindset of "I REFUSE TO AHH!"

I failed....

I read "aww" as cute and "ahh" as a sigh of relief/relaxation/satisfaction. Are these puppies trained masseurs or something

Miles Wrote:I read "aww" as cute and "ahh" as a sigh of relief/relaxation/satisfaction. Are these puppies trained masseurs or something

Someone once said that the British and the Americans are separated by the same language. While it's true that "ahh" is used as a sign of relief/relaxation/satisfaction, In the UK, "ahh" is also an exclamation to signify appreciation of cuteness. I don't think I've ever heard a Brit use "aww".
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:For no other reason than because.
The second one reminds me of the picture of the chihuahua poking it's head out of the tip of foreskin :biggrinSad i see it used a bit as a thumbnail on youtube)

I thought hot dogs were supposed to be served in a bun?

LONDONER Wrote:Someone once said that the British and the Americans are separated by the same language. While it's true that "ahh" is used as a sign of relief/relaxation/satisfaction, In the UK, "ahh" is also an exclamation to signify appreciation of cuteness. I don't think I've ever heard a Brit use "aww".
Maybe you're hanging out with the older crowd? I think you're right, but it could also be generational. Not so long ago "eewwww" wasn't used either. Nor were you to hear a Brit say that he or she was "good" when they meant "well", but that's all changing.

jimcrackcorn Wrote:Love doggies!!!

I have one little dog (Speed-Bump) who is recovering from back surgery, and the other (Big Mac) is at the Veterinarian this morning getting his teeth cleaned.

This home seems rather quiet this morning without those two playing & running around the place..

See post above: is Big Mac also served in a bun?