Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two jobs.
Alright,

So I have two part-time jobs. Both are Nursing Home/Convalescent homes. One is 5mns away, and the other one is around 30-40mns away [sadly].

I just started working at the one that's faraway and with gas prices being so ridiculous I've been spending a good chunk of that jobs paycheck on just putting gas on my car. The other job is fine 'cause I can walk there if I really wanted to and still be on time for my shift.

So it's been a few weeks now, and I'm starting to wonder if this was such a good idea. I mean I still get to keep the rest of the check that doesn't go to gas, but sometimes depending on if I have a lot of hours at the faraway job, most of it just goes on paying for me to get there.

I don't know. One part of me is telling me that I should stick to it and see if I get more hours. Another part is telling me to stay there til I find a closer-second job. And the last part is telling me to quit.

I'm still weighing everything down and waiting a few more weeks to see if anything changes or something. We'll see... Rolleyes

30-40 isn't bad, if you dont drive a land barge.

In this economy I say hold on to the job while you look for better/closer.

It will look good on your application that you are looking for another job - it shows that you are interested in working.

And you have a valid reason to be looking for work closer to home, one that most prospective employers will see as you being frugal.

Yeah, I drive a Volkswagen Bug, lol. And it's actually been okay with gas. I guess I just got used to not paying much for gas for so long by having a job nearby.

And yeah, I think I will hold on to it til I find something that closer. That few dollars going in the bank, doesn't hurt ;]

Thaankz!

Stay until you find something better. Leave if you hate the job. Driving is alright, turn up the music and avoid speeding tickets. Stevie Ray Vaughan got me 3 speeding tickets, I forgot to look at the spedometer. No matter what, have some fun. The only thing you remember later is whether you had some fun.

gilhooly Wrote:Stay until you find something better. Leave if you hate the job. Driving is alright, turn up the music and avoid speeding tickets. Stevie Ray Vaughan got me 3 speeding tickets, I forgot to look at the spedometer. No matter what, have some fun. The only thing you remember later is whether you had some fun.

Thanks, yeah I don't mind the drive. It gives me time to think and listen to music I like, and meeting new people is nice, was just thinking about in the long run :]

maybe you could find some place to live in between the two jobs, I had to drive 45 minutes to class everyday and I enjoyed the drive but gas does add up, I was spending $40 a week but I only had one part time job. if you can stand the second job though I would say keep it until you can find something closer.

I am currently looking, gladly enough the place I'm in can transfer employee's if another location is in need of the position I'm in.