Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U-Haul: The Music Video
Like the one who sent this to me I had a very hard time not to cry from laughing so hard watching this:

The vid is hyperbole of course with some very silly lines & moments but definitely created by lesbians who know what it's like. And I'm wondering, do you have to be a lesbian (or at least know lesbians really well, at least one of many who have been afflicted with U-Haul Syndrome) to find this hilarious or not?

I've usually resisted such temptations but I did move in with a couple of women really fast (at their insistence) when I was 19-21 but I kept my options open and I retreated really fast when I felt myself being smothered (ah, the freedom I had back when I could fit everything I owned in a duffel bag...) But then there was one that happened FAST that lasted for years. We'd known each other as friends before but we weren't that close and then she drove me to Texas (as I'd lost my ride) and on the way she and I became lovers...and when we came back to California she moved in the moment she was able to get a U-Haul (granted, she was about to kill who she was rooming with, just one reason why she decided a road trip was a good idea, but we both were very excited about it despite my having heard all kinds of horror stories of what U-Haul Syndrome can create). For me this vid had the perfect combination of silliness and “funny because it's true.” But then I'm a lesbian who has shared this experience so I realize it may not be as funny to others as it was to me. But just in case it is I'm sharing. Confusedmile:

I never knew about this "U-Haul syndrome" but I thought the video was hilarious Smile
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

:biggrin: Thanks for sharing Pix. I couldn't control my laughter during the "back it up" sequences. I love the sound effects too Laugh