Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U.S. Currency
chuck norris on the 100$ dollar bill, 'need' i say more?Cool

And here I was thinking people like . . .

Frederick Douglass
Alexander Graham Bell
Jonas Edward Salk
Duke Ellington
Mark Twain
William Faulkner
Helen Keller
Henry Ford
Louis Armstrong
Robert Kennedy
Thomas Paine
Orville and Wilbur Wright
Neil Armstrong
Andrew Carnegie
Elenore Roosevelt
Carl Sagan
Cesar Chavez
Ernest Hemingway
John Steinbeck

OrphanPip Wrote:She's the head of state in Canada, but constitutionally, since 1933, she serves in that office separate from her office as Queen of England.
Pretty much the same situation for Australia and New Zealand. The Queen is a symbolic head of state while our countries function more like a Republic.

[Image: australia-50.JPG]

The Queen appears on our $5 note as well as on all of our coins.

On the $5 note there is a Eucalypt (Gum Tree) branch next to the Queen, on the reverse is the Parliament House in Canberra.

The $10 note features Andrew Barton (Banjo) Paterson on the obverse with a horse from the Snowy Mountains region, and a wattle plant, also included is his signature. His poetry is in the background. Dame Mary Gilmore is on the reverse with 19th century heavy transport with horse and cart and verses from her poetry. Her signature is included. A windmill is in the clear window with the raised wavy lines.

The $20 note features Mary Reibey on the obverse with an early colonial building and sailing ship including her signature. John Flynn is on the reverse with features of the Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia of a biplane de Havilland DH 50 victory supplied by Qantas, medical instruments, Coledge Harland (the man on the camel), who was a missionary to the inland people of Australia. His signature is included. A compass is in the clear window with the raised 20 lettering. These famous people are depicted against a definite red background.

The $50 note is nicknamed 'pineapples'[/url]. Designed by Brian Sadgrove, the new fifty dollar note features a portrait of [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigenous_Australian]Indigenous Australian author and inventor David Unaipon on the front, along with drawings from one of his inventions, and an extract from the original manuscript of his Legendary Tales of the Australian Aborigines. On the back is a portrait of Edith Cowan, first female member of any Australian parliament, along with a picture of Western Australia's original Parliament House, and an illustration of a foster mother and children.

The $100 note is designed by Bruce Stewart, and features portraits of soprano Dame Nellie Melba and engineer and First World War general Sir John Monash. This polymer note is occasionally colloquially referred to as a "jolly green giant" due to its colour and size.

All of our notes are currently polymer, and have been since 1995.

Inchante Wrote:that would be a BIG, FAT, STINKING NO!
totally harsh?
Citizens actually elected him not once but twice.

Genersis Wrote:Nah.
I just copied and pasted from Wikipedia.:redface:
Though i'm not afraid to look up things i don't know about, or are curious of.Confusedmile:

Well at least you showed initiative to look things up..! But Wikipedia....!! loll

RespectRespect

pellaz Wrote:totally harsh?
Citizens actually elected him not once but twice.

Uh, yeah, you forget that I have been on here long enough to read several of your posts, and to know your political views for the most part.

yes; i would get a laugh if they put face on some currency.

i am thinking we need to remember just who drove the US totally into the ground, never to get up again.
How we are still cleaning up his wars.
The debt negative by some measure before he started office. Just think if we started the recession better off as a country.

im part Cherokee -get rid of Andrew Jackson