Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UFO's
Fred, I believe that they was earlier USAF UFO investigations. Project Sign and Project Grudge, these started from around 1947. Both were aimed at debunking UFOs.

I watched a few documentaries and one clip caught my eye. A former NASA astronaut filmed this from a shuttle mission and NASA tried to say it was Ice crystals! This is the only clip i have seen that makes me wounder.

Rychard the Lionheart Wrote:Both were aimed at debunking UFOs.

Or that was what the press were told. Wink
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

fredv3b Wrote:Also I find the idea that a civilisation whose technology is so advanced as to allow practicable interstellar space travel would then peer at us from the clouds occasionally accidentally being seen to be absurd. If they wanted to just quietly observe us I am sure they would have orbital satellite technology more than capable of doing that.

Now you are coming to my personal obsession, and I totally agree with you about this. Our experiences with them seem to defy any reasonable explanation. It drives me crazy (see, I AM crazy).

I was always interested in the concept prior to my sighting, but now I ponder the mystery that you have described. I think there is something going on that we are unaware of, and it is quite important to us in some way. Since I subjectively know they are real, it is their purposes and evasions that keep me enthralled. And I agree that they are not just trying to quietly observe us, and make no pretense at covering up the incursions that cause these sightings.

Please know that I do not harbor ill will toward skepticism. I just like lively debate, and you have been a good sport Biggrina

Adeptus Wrote:I think there is something going on that we are unaware of, and it is quite important to us in some way.

I am sure there is a great deal going on that we do not know about. I am just confident that it is, relatively speaking, close to home.

Debate is surely the best sport.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

What's the USAF doing, at least they are doing the looking. Who's doing the investigations?

The 21st Space Wing, commanded by Col. Stephen Whiting and headquartered at Peterson Air Force Base, Colo., is the Air Force's only organization providing missile warning and space control to unified U.S. military commanders and combat forces worldwide.

THE WING ...
Provides early warning of strategic and theater ballistic missile attacks and foreign space launches.

More than 5,000 government and contractor personnel detect, track and catalog more than 22,000 cataloged man-made objects in space, from those in near-Earth orbit to objects up to 22,300 miles above the earth's surface.

Explores counterspace warfighting technologies in the field.

Hosts HQ NORAD, HQ NORTHCOM, HQ Air Force Space Command, the 302nd Airlift Wing, SMDC/ARSTRAT and 48 other mission partners.

Operates and supports Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Station; Thule Air Base, Greenland; Clear AFS, Alaska, Cape Cod AFS, Mass., and Cavalier AFS, N.D.

SPACE CONTROL...
Space surveillance is a critical element of the space control mission and will be vitally important to support future theater missile operations and assured availability of U.S. space forces.

In addition to the wing's wartime missions, space surveillance is important during peacetime. As part of the space surveillance mission, the wing operates surveillance units. More than 18,000 manmade objects (plus a few UFOs as well) are in orbit around the earth, ranging in size from a baseball to the International Space Station, are regularly tracked. Knowing the orbits of those objects is essential to prevent collisions when a new satellite is launched.

SPACE SURVEILLANCE RADAR...
The AN/FPS-85 Phased Array Space Surveillance Radar provides space situational awareness for U.S. Strategic Command's space control mission area. It is one of 29 sensors that comprise the global Space Surveillance Network (SSN), and is the only phased array radar dedicated to space surveillance.

GROUND-BASED ELECTRO-OPTICAL DEEP SPACE SURVEILLANCE - Data unknown.

Rychard the Lionheart Wrote:What's the USAF doing, at least they are doing the looking. Who's doing the investigations?

The 21st Space Wing, commanded by Col. Stephen Whiting and headquartered at Peterson Air Force Base, Colo., is the Air Force's only organization providing missile warning and space control to unified U.S. military commanders and combat forces worldwide.

THE WING ...
Provides early warning of strategic and theater ballistic missile attacks and foreign space launches.

More than 5,000 government and contractor personnel detect, track and catalog more than 22,000 cataloged man-made objects in space, from those in near-Earth orbit to objects up to 22,300 miles above the earth's surface.

Explores counterspace warfighting technologies in the field.

Hosts HQ NORAD, HQ NORTHCOM, HQ Air Force Space Command, the 302nd Airlift Wing, SMDC/ARSTRAT and 48 other mission partners.

Operates and supports Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Station; Thule Air Base, Greenland; Clear AFS, Alaska, Cape Cod AFS, Mass., and Cavalier AFS, N.D.

SPACE CONTROL...
Space surveillance is a critical element of the space control mission and will be vitally important to support future theater missile operations and assured availability of U.S. space forces.

In addition to the wing's wartime missions, space surveillance is important during peacetime. As part of the space surveillance mission, the wing operates surveillance units. More than 18,000 manmade objects (plus a few UFOs as well) are in orbit around the earth, ranging in size from a baseball to the International Space Station, are regularly tracked. Knowing the orbits of those objects is essential to prevent collisions when a new satellite is launched.

SPACE SURVEILLANCE RADAR...
The AN/FPS-85 Phased Array Space Surveillance Radar provides space situational awareness for U.S. Strategic Command's space control mission area. It is one of 29 sensors that comprise the global Space Surveillance Network (SSN), and is the only phased array radar dedicated to space surveillance.

GROUND-BASED ELECTRO-OPTICAL DEEP SPACE SURVEILLANCE - Data unknown.

I have a friend in the Brit version Big Grin

I am pretty skeptical when it comes to UFO's. When I think of UFO's, I think it's something the military is testing out. I really really doubt UFO's are visitors from another planet. There needs to be more evidence if you want me to truly believe that.

According to CNN today Israel shot down an "UFO" that was "hovering" above a nuclear power plant, but cannot find the wreckage or debris from whatever it may have been

im out on UFOS, i dunno, seeing is believing for me, im mean by all logic the possibility WE are the only planet with life is very slim, and there is possibility another inhabited planet may have lifeforms that are intellegent and decided to advance space travel further than we have attempted to, but who knows?