Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UGH!!! The morning after.
After a night of drinking and pillaging New Orleans, I woke up in bed... well I crossed the line of friendship with someone and I am freakishly hungover besides being filled with regret.

My question to you is, what is your biggest " Sunday morning regret" and how did you get past it ?
Also If you have a a guaranteed hangover cure you would like share I am listening.

Guaranteed hangover cure...

Bacon roll and irn bru. All the Scots will agree with me.

Seeing as i don't think you can get it over there though, try taking a lemsip. Also eat light, drink lots of water and just get on with things. Regret will not do you any good, so try some damage limitation.

If it happened, then i highly doubt either of you overstepped. You were both drunk. Drunken shit happens. It doesn't necessarily mean anything. Heck knows i have plenty of drunken stuff i wish i hadn't done but i'd be a LOT duller for it. If i can still be friends with supposedly straight guys after drunken nights then i'm sure you can repair things. Best thing is just not to speak of it until he does...

Good luck, and hurry up with that lemsip!!

pretty much agree with wot sox says, loads of water n go for something with salt - i go for a chip butty - for usa guys thats fries in a bun with salt, cures all !!, bacon or spam roll is also excellent -

regret is part of life mate - you both have it...not just you...bite the bullet and bring it up or wait for him to do it, sooner rather than later before it becomes a prob between mates, been there with a straight mate before and we all cross the drunken line at some point. i met his girlfriend the next day and had to gloss over it all and said we just had a fun night out

the only fool proof hangover cure is weed

-Doesn't know where it says the guy he slept with is straight D;

But meh its life shit happens. Deal with it :biggrin: Its not the end of the world and if you went to that stage of being THAT drunk where you lose control over yourself I don't understand how you can complain when something happens >_<

Hangover cure.. Go for a walk and get back into routine - A work out? :biggrin: Oh and of course.. Drink less Wink
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

I'll deal with the easy part first, hangover cures. I tried raw eggs and hot sauce. WOW, I could have been Linda Blair's stand in during the exorcist.
To clarify the regret part. He is the boyfriend of one of my dearest ( male ) friends. That friend in particular is the person who has held my hand the longest while I am dealing with my break up.
It's not just the fact that I betrayed our friendship. It was fact that I am attracted to his boyfriend ( the guy I slept with) and now I know unless he was lying to me last night that he is attracted to me.
It seems like since the break up my life has been this soap opera and I wish to get back to some normalcy.
I am supposed to play pool with my friend in two hours. I tried to beg off but he is constantly dragging me out of the house because he is under the assumption that I am still in grief over my breakup. So if I don't show up he will come here.
What makes it worse is that the girl we rode with is a horrible gossip and probably has been burning up the phones all day telling anyone who will listen that she dropped us off here instead of taking us to our separate homes.
I really feel like I have stepped in it this time.

Tawazzle, I never stated I was so drunk I lost control and I am not complaining only now seeking advice. Yours is noted.

Righto, the bit about sleeping with straight guys was my way of pointing out that no matter how fucked up the situation looks when the sun rises on it there's generally a way out. Long as you didn't like, blow up a busful of nuns or something...

Dude, i'e been in a situation similar. And stand by not saying anything until someone else mentions it. Try not to complicate what happened with feelings. If you can remember what happened, play it over as if you were a fly on the wall.

If the signs he likes you are there, then it's still not really an option for you to go there. The whole friend's boyfriend sacred ground thing and all. The best thing you can do is try to forget about it and try to move on.

Best way to get over someone is to get under someone elseWink

Do you mind my asking whether you, in fact, ARE over this breakup your friend seems to think you are not?? Have you thought about why he may think this??

It may be that being alone for a while is what you need most. Thing is, what we need is so sledom what we want. Especially in matters of romance and such.

Try to be as great a friend as you can to your friend, and ster clear of the boyfriend where possible, is what i would advise.

Hope that's some help.

xxx

Also WHO recommended raw eggs and hotsauce??

Ouch man, i feel your pain. That's like when i get drunken cravings for milk. Never ends well...

Sox is right, Irn Bru can cure the morning after, some say its been known to cure the worst diseases going.

The best morning after cure tho is summit everyone in the world can get
1 x Banana Milk Shake & 1 x Sausage and Egg Mcmuffin. The thick dairy helps settle the stomach and the mcmuffins fats and weight gets some harty meat into your system which is good for you. The only time i will ever go to McDonalds on purpose.

B x