Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Federal Court Rules that Police Can Obtain Location Data w/o Warrant
axle2152 Wrote:Oh not getting an ulcer worrying about it but I disagree with the ruling. I don't like the level of data that is being collected from almost everyone on a daily basis and how it can be retrieved without a warrant because it won't stop with cell phone data. Pretty soon they'll be contacting Google and Microsoft to get search data and browsing history, because that is also a 3rd party. Not sure how folks in the UK feel about their expectation of privacy or rather if they trust their government. I think it is pretty popular to not trust the government or law enforcement in the US. Not saying everyone is crooked, but there's definitely that group that gives them a bad name.

Pretty soon? I think it's been going on. NSA ? You might also read up on Windows 10 spying on you too.

Yeah Microsoft has been doing spying since Windows 98 and has only gotten worse and more sophisticated. The subject of Windows 10 has been a mixed bag because there are some really bad reports done by not even amateurs and they're simply spreading misinformation. The problem with every privacy policy and EULA whether it is for Windows 10 or Apple OSX or iOS is the vaugeness. We may collect location data...for what reason. Is it to only use GPS and location features or are you doing something else? Hmm, they don't say.

NSA is probably still doing it. The problem is giant data collection is having it all looked at. I mean every bullshit facebook post and comment and all that crap coming in. I mean for you to pop up on their radar got to be doing some pretty bad things, or things that cat their attention.

On the other hand, the data collection could be used to steal intellectual property, such as independent software developers....what's to say Microsoft doesn't steal programming code from one it's Windows 10 users to use in their own software? Lot's of speculation.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I agree with you-- it's fucked up....but life is fucked up and always has been. Don't want to be tracked by your phone? Easy solution--get rid of your phone. Problem solved.
~Beaux

Beaux Wrote:I agree with you-- it's fucked up....but life is fucked up and always has been. Don't want to be tracked by your phone? Easy solution--get rid of your phone. Problem solved.
~Beaux

Yep and don't forget to wear a tinfoil hat!

The other thing is if you have an old phone that pre-dates 2005. Before that a lot of phones didn't have GPS in them and as long as you keep it activated the phones are grandfathered in and last I knew can still make calls and so on...however, doesn't mean you can get an old phone and activate it. All phones after 2005 had to have GPS.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I cant seem to do anything about being spied on by the government but i do not care because i am not doing anything wrong. Not yet.