Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK dump the royals?
I have no drama with a monarchy and the head os state of Australia being the Queen of England....But if you want to dump the cute prince's, you can dump them on me.

UK have spent hundreds of years fighting FOR our royals.
Why would we ditch them?
Never going to happen
Sorry

that reminds me of the german movie "Willi und die Windzors" from 1996 ... where the Royals get fired.... and to flee to their german family... living in a townhouse in Hannover and have to work in a furniture shop.....

sorry .. no translation

jamiebfd Wrote:UK have spent hundreds of years fighting FOR our royals.
Why would we ditch them?
Never going to happen
Sorry

Apart from the 4-5 or so that were killed or removed from power and the Interregnum.

I wonder if they would consider dumping Kate since some lucky photographer took pictures of Kate at a topless beach in France, and yes she was topless:eek:

http://news.yahoo.com/italy-magazine-goe...20335.html

OrphanPip Wrote:I remember reading that the Royals actually cost the average Canadian tax payer more than they do the UK taxpayer. Largely due to the cost of maintaining 10 quite large official residences, one in each provincial capital, plus Rideau Hall in Ottawa. To which is added all the support staff and the vice-regents themselves (there are 11 of them too).

At least the Queen freaking pays taxes in the UK.
Yikes.:eek:
I hear we make quite a bit of money off them here in the UK.
Okay, it was mainly this video, which i saw quite a while ago:

Is it true?
Maybe.
Still wish they we're stripped of the last of their political powers...as few as they may be.

you want to maintain statusQuo, all good. have the kindness to include your self because no one can do it for you. It is painful to see this:
they seem way outdated on this:
Lawyers for Britain's royal family will make a criminal complaint against the photographer who took pictures of Prince William's wife Kate sunbathing topless in the south of France...

these days we are all used to lots of free technology and in return loss of personal privacy. You go buy bread & milk and get your pic taken. Drive, walk or fly from Denver to NYC, your iPhone tags you. so two possible approaches:
-royal family members go on a diet and take full front back nude photos, post them on their FB.
-never forget what butters your bread they NEVER take off their cloths because the results seem to bother them.

personally have the preference for the second.

the recession started in the US and now in the Europe/Uk. hanging out nude in the south of France seems showing an extreme unThrifty life style. I desperately dont have the money and cant but I would love to hang out nude in the S of France. If my employ depended on me not doing it i for sure would not. Responsibility is easy.

pain and suffering:
This is not just anywhere its right here! just the other day we see a post:
-how to make money with 100 (UK$) up front money.
-members worry they can continue owning their own home w/o two incomes.
-Gayspeak admin needs funds too; GaySpeak does unTold good in the English speaking gay community.

you want to maintain statusQuo, all good. have the kindness to include your self because no one can do it for you. It is painful to see this.

I think the costs are not very important .... because If you have no Royals you need a replacement.... we tried it after our last emperor with a Führer.... bad business... it starts very cheap... and then ... you know Wink
Now we have a Bundespräsident ... elected for 5 years .... he need castles, houses, Guesthouses, Guestcastles.... Cars, Planes, stuff, employee .... and and and ... and a lot of money .... you know .. he has to represent the Country ... and you can´t represent a country if you travel and just sleep at Aunt Annies Couch ... you need a first class hotel.... and after the 5 years ( if he is not elected again ) he get 217 000 € every year ... a office ... and and and ... and so you have in a few years 10 used presidents... everyone with 217 000 € a year .... and a office ... and and and :biggrin:

Rainbowmum Wrote:I say it is up to the people of the commonwealth .
Personally ,I have no problems with the monarchy , they are an old institution ,part of history .

That's just my opinion.

Amen to that.

So I keep hearing all this news about the royal couple and how this is unfolding and while I don't condone people taking pictures of their partially naked bodies without them knowing or consenting (the right to privacy that generally prevails here), I have seen both that series of photos and the ones of Harry and found both lots to be completely uninteresting... I couldn't care less.

Although I hope the Royals are not doing this for the money but to implement their right to privacy, we in France do not consider it shocking for a (young) woman to sunbathe with her breasts showing. In fact we couldn't care less. This may explain the cultural difference in treatment. The British might treat them with more respect because they are THEIR royal family. That much can be admitted.

The fact that the pictures were taken from a great distance in a secluded place shows that the sensationalist press is trying to make some money on the Royals' "embarrassment", and now said press has been condemned. Serves them right.

Once more, I'll stress, those pictures are not only uninteresting, they are also poor quality and quite boring and certainly not much or a novelty. But I'll also add that we don't have any more royals in France and so some don't really care to treat them any differently from any other Tom, Dick and Harry. For us, they are just celebrities like any other celebrity.

I must also say that tracking the Royals down as the paparazzi press tracked down Princess Diana is in poor taste, but do they deserve to be treated any differently from any other People who are in the Public Eye? I don't have the answer to that. Now, at least, they have stamped their feet and banged their fists on the table. It might happen again, or maybe they'll get more respect from now on. Nothing is certain. Maybe it'll take them being King and Queen before that kind of respect is thrown their way.