Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK dump the royals?
really think the uk should dump the royals. I mean we got the Romney/ Pallen baggage.

make them go off for them selves to earn to eat cake.

[Image: 440171-solomon-islands.jpg]

Yes of course, dump the royals because camera technology is such that a 'journalist' (God help me to stop laughing with that word) decided to invade the privacy of a couple.

I'm a traditionalist. My world feels safe and secure knowing that the Brits are having 4 O'clock tea and there is a Queen (or King) on the throne.

The idea of Buckingham palace just becoming a museum feels wrong to me.

Yes I know, the Royals really do not serve a purpose in Government. They are a hang over of an earlier time, they are sort of like nipples on a man, useless, but pleasing to look at. Wink

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Yes I know, the Royals really do not serve a purpose in Government. They are a hang over of an earlier time, they are sort of like nipples on a man, useless, but pleasing to look at. Wink

Oh now I beg to differ, you just haven't had your properly attended to. (mischievous snicker)

Seriously though, I agree, England just would not be England without the royals, tea time and, Pudding that isn't anything like our pudding.

I say it is up to the people of the commonwealth .
Personally ,I have no problems with the monarchy , they are an old institution ,part of history .

That's just my opinion.

Blue Wrote:Oh now I beg to differ, you just haven't had your properly attended to. (mischievous snicker)

Seriously though, I agree, England just would not be England without the royals, tea time and, Pudding that isn't anything like our pudding.

There's nothing wrong with our puddings.
[Image: sd.jpg]

How do they differ? The puddings.

The Royals do serve a role but it doesn't seem as respected or valued as much as in the past.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

OMG I didn't see the pick before my reply. I'd have to pass on the spotted dick. O. o

Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

I couldn't sponge one either.

Genersis Wrote:There's nothing wrong with our puddings.
[Image: sd.jpg]

They actually sell that at Meijer stores here in the US but, I prefer this version. (my favorite British pudding.)

Spotted Dick

Serves 4
4oz Self Raising Flour
A pinch of Salt
3oz Shredded Suet (or shredded frozen butter NOT MAGARINE if that's all you can get)
3oz Fresh Breadcrumbs
2oz Caster Sugar (Dark brown Sugar)
6oz Currants or mixed dried fruit
Grated rind of 1 Lemon
Approx. 5 tbsp Milk

Place all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.

Make a well in the centre of the mixture then gradually add the milk to form a soft dough.

Knead lightly until smooth.

Turn onto a floured surface and roll out to an oblong about 9 x 11.

Bring a large pan of water to the boil.
Make a pleat in a large sheet of greaseproof paper or a clean tea towel, to allow for expansion, wrap the pudding loosely, tying each end with string (like an Xmas cracker).

Steam or boil for 2 hours.

Serve your Spotted Dick hot with custard

I remember reading that the Royals actually cost the average Canadian tax payer more than they do the UK taxpayer. Largely due to the cost of maintaining 10 quite large official residences, one in each provincial capital, plus Rideau Hall in Ottawa. To which is added all the support staff and the vice-regents themselves (there are 11 of them too).

At least the Queen freaking pays taxes in the UK.