Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US Election - 2016
If Hillary has anything to say about it, there most certainly will! Icon16

bakalove Wrote:No obviously we're going to get invaded by flying space jellyfish who will stop the election and become the dictators of earth. If its not the flying jellyfish it'll be the flying Octopi who will suffocate all of the politicians on the planet leaving us in anarchy.

Im sorry, but alien sushi is the least of my worries when I take over this planet.
(at least my minions wont go hungry!)
[Image: cats+and+dogs1.jpg]

No. I'm going to be queen of the seas and then American will be mine mine mine. Except Idaho.

I think the electoral college is a little broken and not really needed.
I also think there's something fundamentally wrong with voter mentality; a two party system is very far from healthy for a country in my opinion.(and yeah, I know, the UK isn't much better.)

On a side note:
Can coalition governments even happen in the US?
I'd guess they can...has one ever formed?

gilhooly Wrote:Do you believe there will be an election in the US in 2016?
Will there be an election? Yes

Will it reflect the true spirit of democracy? No

If you are an American of voting age, should you vote? HELL YES!!!

Of course the system is broken. However, not voting does nothing to fix the system. I'm grateful that enough people who cared voted, and we don't have Romney for a president right now. He had a HUGE amount of money behind him, and still wasn't elected because enough youth, women, blacks, latinos, and gays cared and voted.

Genersis Wrote:On a side note:
Can coalition governments even happen in the US?
I'd guess they can...has one ever formed?
No, a coalition government in the US is not likely any time soon. The major parties are too polarized, and there is no way for a third party to make any headway. Maybe someday...

Neither major party nor their corporate johns want another party, two party works best and is most cost effective for them, so they'll sabotage every effort to change that, and to date they've been wildly successful, so I don't see that changing anytime soon.

As the tongue in cheek saying goes, we have the best democracy money can buy.

As for voting locally no I don't because that still means registering and then they call you for jury duty and all that and I don't want to be on a jury and forced to drive to town on a certain day to listen to legal hoopy doo I don't understand anyway.

Kat Wrote:As for voting locally no I don't because that still means registering and then they call you for jury duty and all that and I don't want to be on a jury and forced to drive to town on a certain day to listen to legal hoopy doo I don't understand anyway.

lol I am glad there are a few who dont have this lame excuse, sorry just my opinion. I believe it is really important to be part of a community. I guess you would disagree.

gilhooly Wrote:Do you believe there will be an election in the US in 2016?

YES or NO

Quick Comment: I live in a senior complex. When I did a verbal poll of 150 tenants everyone said No without hesitation. As Clinton said, "The arithmetic for America doesn't work any more." Young people are far more bullish on America than older Americans. Please comment. The recent tragedy of Hurricane Sandy showed how fragile the economy is. Southern states were unanimously opposed to helping NY/NJ. Most of us felt like Americans when young. There does not seem to be an American vision for the future.

WoW. I think this is really coming from left field. I know that Sandy showed that the Republicans, once again, are really FUCKED THE HELL UP!!! but to say that the USA has no future beyond the next 3 years is pretty pessimistic.

I would want to do a more in depth discussion with those tenants Poke2 "without hesitation"?!?! Really? Do these tenants vote? are they involved in the political system? I just find it stunning!

Cheerleader2 Hillary 2016 for the Win!!! Cheerleader2

fjp999 Wrote:...
Cheerleader2 Hillary 2016 for the Win!!! Cheerleader2

I'd rather vote for whoever the Green Party fields personally.