Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US Residents are overpaying for Broadband.
http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/NEWSF...ive-121404

Americans pay four times as much as the French for an Internet triple-play package—phone, cable TV and Internet—at an average of $160 per month versus $38 per month.
•The French get global free calling and worldwide live television. Their Internet is also 10 times faster at downloading information and 20 times faster uploading it.
•America has gone from #1 in Internet speed (when we invented it) to 29th in the world and falling.
•Bulgaria is among the countries with faster Internet service.
•Americans pay 38 times as much as the Japanese for Internet data.

Leave it to America to successfully rip off the working man again huh?

those greedy companies know that Americans will pay whatever they price our beloved por...I mean internet Wink

We, er, I pay $170.00 for cable and broadband.

Maye I should move to France. They speak English there right?

Oh wait... They have nothing but Jerry Lewis on their TV's....

No fair, you get off easier than I do, Bowyn - I'm jealous.

Here Phone 59.00
DirecTv: 189.00
Exede Satellite internet: 129.00

Per month and we won't add the unlimited cell phone I still haven't cut back from when I was driving truck. (Phone that has barely one bar of signal at home, BTW)

I pay $50 a month through Clear....thinking of switching to a different company though - I've had nothing but problems with these assholes since day one.

$120 phone/broadband bundle with 200GB limit including both up and downloads, maximum speed for me 8 MB/s, and that's a reasonable package

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:We, er, I pay $170.00 for cable and broadband.

Maye I should move to France. They speak English there right?

Oh wait... They have nothing but Jerry Lewis on their TV's....
Move here by all means, David, but how about you learn French??? It would be worth your while. Invasion

My Internet connection is about €30 a month, I get free calls to most countries if I use the landline... Our mobile (cell) phone contracts are rip-offs, though.

Well moving here would solve it too. :tongue:

I'm locked in to this two year contract, and lifetime lease on the equipment so, I'm already stuck paying for it (or a bloody 1500.00 early termination fee.

Oh and that gets me a 12 MB connection with up to 8MBs download and 5MBs upload speeds and, 25 GB per 30 days bandwidth usage limit, plus a late night free zone (12:15 Am to 5:15 am usage does not count.)

Land line phone is unlimited calling nationwide. That high dollar cell is unlimited everything would wide, but it's a business plan so, you can imagine the cost of that.

sorry about the grammar lesson: bits and Bytes
if you have a 1.0meg B
its
8.0meg b
in other words a Byte (upper case B) is eight times the rate of a bit (lower case)