Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US gets snow, declares state of Emergency
Can you guys send some rain and snow over to California? We're in the middle of a drought scare right now.

@Everyone; It seems like some of you are actually getting a lot of snow, and others are slightly exasperated with over-reactions.. I'll take back some of the fun I was poking. I hope this doesn't become a regular thing, because it would cost money right when your country/states/municipalities is trying to cut a lot of costs, so hopefully sanders and street plows don't become municipal costs.

@Eth; that actually sounds scary! For sure I would hide inside if I could until that blows over, and hopefully it doesn't end up something like the ice storm I posted...

@Davearoo; I'd send you some freshwater if I could. Maybe when some of this snow melts your state will indirectly benefit from it. Either way, hopefully the drought will end or improve.

Ah... Snow! That reminds me of this car I kind of saw last night!
[Image: 1796604_788059701223599_797685902_n.jpg]
Welcome to Canada!

Quote:More than 480,000 customers were without power in the Southeast, roughly 136,000 of whom were Georgia Power Co. customers, the utility said.

South Carolina was the hardest hit, with about 220,000 customers without electricity, while Wilmington, North Carolina, accounted for more than 58,000 outages.
The utilities said Wednesday morning they expect those numbers to rise over the next 24 hours.

Georgia Power, the state's largest utility, warned that hundreds of thousands could be without electricity for days.

"This has the opportunity to be a huge event when you're talking about the amount of ice you're looking at," Aaron Strickland, Georgia Power's emergency operations chief, told reporters.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/12/us/winter-weather/

In light of this, my previous comment seems needlessly callous and flippant. Best of luck to everyone without power in this weather...

Meanwhile, over here its pretty much Sunny as usual, with the devil beating his wife occasionally and some nippy winds. Such is Island life :I

Sounds like y'all has : #LargeLandMassProblems Coffee

Lol, but I hope y'all's snow goes away soon :3 .

... Don't want you literally to have blue balls Rofl

Loveya

Its a freakin blizzard here!!!!OMG my street is a parking lot of stranded assholes who wanted that last loaf of bread at the grocery store.

[Image: BIPeeACCUAAKdkU.jpg:large]

THIS is how you clear snow… like 4 feet of it.

EMH Wrote:[Image: BIPeeACCUAAKdkU.jpg:large]

THIS is how you clear snow… like 4 feet of it.

IKR. Minnesota is so well prepared that we actually don't care whether it snows or not. We're totally indifferent to it.

On second thought, Minnesota snow is magical snow, so we actually want snow.

What is really annoying me is the way these weather events are reported.

It's a record breaking heatwave. It is the worse flooding in history. The cold snap is the worst ever to have impacted USA.

Compared to what?????

dfiant1 Wrote:What is really annoying me is the way these weather events are reported.

It's a record breaking heatwave. It is the worse flooding in history. The cold snap is the worst ever to have impacted USA.

Compared to what?????

IKR. I'm not gonna argue that climate change isn't real but this sensationalist reporting certainly isn't helping anyone.