Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US politics
[MENTION=18508]East[/MENTION] but those darn liberals run that Politifact lol I'm sure thats what the hardcore "conservatives" would say...that or Faux News.

The only republican that told the truth the most as Kasich, well guess what I said he was too moderate for Republicans and well he got the boot.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

axle2152 Wrote:It is crazy, I frankly didn't think he would have made it to the nomination. Netflix used to have a documentary about how ruthless and just an all around douchebag Trump is. It's called "Trump" he basically destroyed a village and forced people to move so he could build a golf course and resort. I told this to someone who supports Trump and basically told me so what, it's business... I mean I'm sure they would be saying that if that were their home being invaded...

The thing is that it just goes to show how dumb people are in this country and how we'll do whatever we're told because I don't like Hillary all too much either, she's probably just as much as a crook as Trump is...we basically elect criminals and they know it and there's pretty much not a damn thing anyone can do about it. Think I'm crazy, think we all ought to unite and vote for a 3rd party...wait for the 2020 election, be the same bovine scatology all over again.

Its not uncommon to find people uncaring about those in these situations because they have narrow minded views on life and have never faced the hardships that those forced to leave their homes have. Trump's huge mouth makes him heard and brings out those who haven't realised that much of Trump's suggestions of what he will do will never materialise. The media needs to stop loving the comments he makes and dismiss them but these stories create viewers and buyers of newspapers/magazines.

If I was a resident of the US I'd much prefer Clinton then Trump solely because she sounds like she's looking for what she thinks the country need (even if her ideas are wrong)s rather then segregating the communities within the US.

I think people in any country need to be researching the candidates for any leadership race, looking at where they've been and what they may intend to do if they were to be voted into such power.

its a shame the republicans and the democrat voters cant unite to say both these candidates are not worth of the biggest job on earth probably - a republican will vote for Trump just because they are brought up to be republican - it doesn't matter that he scares the shit out of the rest of the world..he pretty much said assassinate Clinton lol - the democrats will vote democrat because of the very same demographic - and you all know she is not trust worth which has been pointed out by pretty much everyone - I actually hope Clinton gets it as Trump will probably insult Putin about his mother straight to his face and cause the final war..................the dickhead

Hillary's New Deal: How a Clinton Presidency Could Transform America

By Sean Wilentz

The political spectacle of the past year has turned the 2016 election into a chasm with profound historical significance. By nominating Donald Trump, the Republican Party has become the vehicle for an authoritarian, nativist nationalism that until now lurked at the fringes of modern American politics. Hillary Clinton has launched a mainstream progressive campaign, in an updated Democratic tradition that stretches back to Franklin D. Roosevelt. This is the choice Americans face – between alternatives as starkly opposed to each other as in any election in our history, excepting the one in 1860, which led to the Civil War.

This year's political conventions substantively and symbolically revealed the fate of both parties in this crucial election year. The Democratic delegates in Philadelphia looked as culturally polyglot as the party's rank and file, affirming how much the party has changed over the past half century. The 1964 convention in Atlantic City that nominated Lyndon B. Johnson was roiled by the unsuccessful efforts of black voting-rights campaigners to seat a racially integrated delegation from Mississippi – the last stand inside the party of the old Democratic Solid South. Five decades later, the convention hall was a sea of brown and black and white faces as well as LGBT rainbows. And, of course, the convention was nominating the first female presidential candidate of a major party in American history – a connection that Clinton, who toned down the gender angle in her 2008 bid for the nomination, has now made central to her campaign.

Yet the convention also pulled its multicultural celebrations together into a patriotic whole, overcoming the inchoate diversity that has too often bedeviled the Democrats in recent years. As a direct challenge to the Republican nativists' nationalism, the Democrats proclaimed their own pro-immigrant nationalism, at once of this moment and a reprise of traditional Democratic themes. The sight of Khizr Khan, the Muslim immigrant father of an American soldier slain in Iraq, pulling from his pocket a copy of the Constitution and then contemptuously but calmly asking whether Trump had ever read it stopped the proceedings cold and dramatized the Democrats' rearticulated national pride. In the face of Trump's isolationism, the Democrats celebrated America's indispensable role in global affairs, not least in the NATO alliance, which elicited American flag waving and chants of "USA! USA!," reviving the kind of liberal internationalism that was central to the party of FDR and Harry Truman but had receded in the aftermath of Vietnam. And throughout the convention, there were other reminders of a fortified living connection with the past.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/fea...ca-w433768
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I really don't understand how Trump has ANY supporters. Everything I hear about him is vile, everything he says he has previously contradicted. I watched a youtube clip yesterday where you could see a clear distinction between the groomed/organized and scripted Trump and the real (schoolyard bully) Trump. In one clip he praises Hillary like an honorable competitor should, in the next he trash talks her in his manchauvenistic way. And that's just to mention one of thousands of examples.

Please don't let him win merica. I'm SO over that literal piece of shit.

Also.. Since this is kinda a time of war, let Obama stay in office for 4 more years? Yes, please.

LONDONER Wrote:It is also one of the dirtiest campaings I can remember. Trump doesn't help by having permanent foot in the mouth disease. One American Senator I saw on the news last night and who is trying to get the Republicans to rescind Trump's nomination, described Trump as mentally unstable and completely nuts. That's not far from the truth when you hear Trump ask: "If we've got nuclear weapons, why can't we use them"?

Dear Heavens, protect us from madmen like this. We live in dangerous times.

Trump wouldn't stand an ice-cube's chance in Hell, though, if the Democrats hadn't foisted the most flawed political candidate in modern history on us through a rigged primary process (and I won't even get into the list of real and imagined scandals associated with the name "Clinton"...).

Americans really feel as though they don't have a choice in this election. I have worked all over the United States, as a restaurant manager, and I have friends from all over the world. I know exactly 2 people (irl) who WANT to vote for Hillary and 6 who WANT to vote for Trump. EVERYONE else is talking about either not voting at all (~1/3), voting for Green/Libertarian (~1/3), or holding their nose and voting for Trump/Hillary (~1/3).

Remember how we all laughed and laughed, when Dick Cheny had his historic freak out on Fox News as Obama won and he just couldn't grasp the fact? I as starting to think that it might be the Democrat's turn to piss their pants on live television...

Personally, I really want to see a woman become President, so I will be voting for the obvious choice: Jill Stein Go Green & Save the Planet! Wink

~Beau

[MENTION=13210]Beaux[/MENTION] You are in SC, I'm not the least bit surprised that there's a lot of support for Trump. Same up here too. The more crap that spews out of Trumps mouth, we'll likely end up with Hillary...I do think it will be a close election either way.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

For those interested in Stein she's speaking live at 6pm Eastern Time for an Asian/Pacific Islander Vote townhall (maybe a recorded version will be here later?) Looks like Gary Johnson is speaking now.
http://www.apiavote.org/townhall/live

edit with an updated link: https://www.youtube.com//watch?v=6HPyKsU...e=youtu.be

I know the media has been focusing on a lot of the crazy shit Stein has said, but I thought her Q&A was interesting and the things she said reminded me, even from the pits of my trump panic, why I'm a Green. I hope that both she and Johnson make the debates - one, the whole of America should be more familiar with third party options, and two, those of us who do vote third party, or are planning to this election, need to be just as informed on these candidates and their positions as the major party supporters are.