Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US presidential debate
(10-02-2020, 07:05 PM)kindy64 Wrote: Yes, please inquire as to why Obama and Biden started putting kids in "cages."  But, sure, go ahead and blame Trump...

https://apnews.com/article/election-2020...becfc7a5f3

Quote:Michelle Obama assailed President Donald Trump on Monday for ripping migrant children from their parents and throwing them into cages, picking up on a frequent and distorted point made widely by Democrats.

She’s right that Trump’s now-suspended policy at the U.S.-Mexico border separated thousands of children from their families in ways that had not been done before. But what she did not say is that the very same “cages” were built and used in her husband’s administration, for the same purpose of holding migrant kids temporarily.

You know the idea was for the them to be held for only 72 hours and not in the crowded conditions shown and as far as I know Obama wasn't holding kids for months under his administration. This is happening under Trump and while it may be suspended back in 2018 there are still kids being detained for long periods of time. Rather you be outraged that this continues to this day you rather look for the needle in the haystack so you can be right. Tell me this isn't about you being right and pushing your political philosophy on to everyone else here?

Again, you're not here to have a debate, you're here to tell us how we're all wrong and apparently hateful people.

Quote:Y'all better schedule therapy sessions for after the election in case Trump wins, cause it's already hard enough to get an appointment for a therapist already...

Therapy sessions? That's pretty insulting and suggests you're purpose for these bullshit political threads you start are for trolling and nothing more.

Quote:I can't remember when I have ever hated a President or anyone with the fury some of you do.  I've disagreed with many policy positions and proposals over the years, and have found actions by some Presidents to be distasteful or un-Presidential, but never hated the person.

When you hold hate in your heart, YOU ARE A HATEFUL PERSON.

You're kidding me right? I remember, it was Obama. Or do you not remember?

Quote:Oh, and let's be clear, how many really expect Biden to last 4 more years in office?  You know voting for Biden is voting for Harris for Vice President.

You know Trump is 74...He's fat and has a poor diet...and in the hospital due to COVID-19 so.... I don't think either Trump or Biden are going to be around by the end of the decade. I suppose you think Harris would be a bad president? Tell me, is it because she's a woman or because the alt-right media has you scared? Frankly, she worries me far less than 4 years of Drumpf.

"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

stay in your ideological bubbles... deuces

(10-02-2020, 01:48 AM)Emiliano Wrote: I watched it. And as a registered member of the vilified (by both sides) extreme left wing, I felt the way you’d assume I felt.

There’s no need for two more of these. If you’re undecided at this point, then just flip a coin on Election Day, honestly.

I wish Biden was the (American standard of what looks like a) far left extremist that Trump wants to paint him as. Honestly I do think the democrats were stupid and I’ll never forgive them for putting Biden up as the nominee, but as a person on the left wing of politics, even living in a blue state, where technically I could get away with a third party vote just out of disgust for what the two party system has done to America, I’m  still going to vote for Biden. I’m not a fan, but I’m not scared of him. I don’t agree with him, but he is physically capable of condemning white supremacy. And it’s just really sad that the state of American politics is what it is.

Once liberals are in power, then the centrists can come around and pay the far left back in all the dick sucking and ass licking we could dream of. But I’m a responsible 3rd party member, and I understand what’s up.

But as much as I’m disgusted with the democrats for making me have to vote for Biden, lol.... oh you fucking dumb ass mother fucking piece of shit, pussy sucking, titty licking, piss guzzling, shit snarfing, baby fucking conservatives. Whether you want to call yourself a republican or a libertarian or whatever, if you plan on voting for Trump then you really don’t deserve my kindness, respect, empathy, understanding, or attention. Unless you’re a billionaire or an unapologetic racist. And then I get it. But if you are anything but one of those two things things, then really, suck a dick, get off on it, lead a closeted life filled with internalized homophobia and self hatred, until you die alone, as a pathetic and tragic example of the true dried up cum scab that you are.

God bless America!

I never said I was a nice person. So don’t come after me for not being nice to ~*everyone*~

Oh and if you think my language is foul, listen to how your boy speaks. I’m just another obnoxious New Yorker who tells it as it is.
I was considered part of the "radical far left" in my 20s but then again - other people are gonna define you as they choose and back then wanting equality under the law for EVERYONE and letting a woman choose to do with her own body and addressing racial injustice (Angela Davis was a woman I respected immensely) and caring about the health of the planet and disregardng the health of the corporations who raped the planet for profit was "far left". 
Over the years - I became more of a team player and understood that compromise and the BIG PICTURE were the important pieces of the puzzle. In any group of millions of people - and a Democracy - no one should ever get everything they want and in the best scenario everyone should walk away from the table with something - so now I am defined by other people as a centrist. OK - whatever - I am a team player in the end and if I allow other people to define me - that is on me. 

I just wanted to share that after I read your post

I forgot the purpose of this thread - I cannot watch the guy in the WH or listen to him speak. Life is much nicer that way. I hold him directly responsible for the deaths of over 200,000 people. I listened to the tapes from Woodward and it will be the last time I listen to the guy in the WH - ever. 

STILL - I wish him and his ilk good health and hope they do not suffer from the disease they have caught. I do hope it teaches them to wear masks and practice social distancing. I am not happy they are sick nor do I need revenge - he is who he is and I will remain who I am. I do not wish death on anyone because I value my integrity. If the guy in the WH has done anyhthing good for me - I see him as  a horrible warning and a very good reason to value my own integrity.

Rainbow 
Guys, regardless of how you feel about either party please be nice and respectful to each other.
Alienating someone helps no ones case and any perceived satisfaction from doing soo should make you ashamed of yourself.

Common decency (uncommon) is not something you should ignore.
Cant handle political differences don't participate in political threads.

In short (TLDR), be nice.

Until the ringing in my ears goes away or I learn to tone it out, I've got no more energy for politics Sleep

Generally speaking, I'm nice to everyone and no, not all the time. I don't tolerate people who are rude, disrespectful, attack me personally. Having different political views is fine...but if the depth of someone's post is something to the tune of "TRUMP 2020!! WOOOOOO!" then I have no time for you. When someone decides to start getting nasty with my, snooty remarks, insinuating I must be an idiot because I'm going to vote for Biden or that I'm stuck in some "ideological bubble" I'm going to get tired of being nice.

The thing is, yes, I am willing on certain issues to spend time researching something but when it is simply dismissed and then another thread is started on basically the same topic...I know what they're doing. Yes, yes...I should have simply ignored all those threads but I have a problem with bullshit.

As far as being nice goes, people aren't nice on the internet, simple as that. I regretfully started a thread about my bankruptcy to which I was harshly judged by someone who not only doesn't know me, but doesn't live in my country, has no idea what the bankruptcy code is, why I decided to do it... Frankly, I felt they were just trolling because anything that sympathizes with a giant bank losing some money (which really will be a write off) because I wasn't solvent, or disagrees for the reasons I did it. That person, if you are reading this, can go fuck themselves. We literally were sympathetic to someone who bullied gay guys all the time and came here for advice, but I'm a piece of shit because I ran up some credit cards? Fuck that. That being said, let me be clear, I'm not saying that person is a piece of shit because of what he did, but it is the same harsh judgement I got on what I felt paled in comparison. Same goes for political discussions, I am nice until you are not.

As for Trump having COVID-19. While Trump is indeed a vile person, I do not think it is in good taste to wish bad things to him or anyone else despite who or what they did. That is not taking the higher ground. I know many people feel Trump is related to many COVID deaths and may feel that Trump deserves to die and so on.... I'm not going to judge those people for feeling that way, but I don't agree with that position.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!