Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB Devices
I don't know about you guys, but I think that, among most of the pap USB gimmick-devices you can pick up, there ARE a number of really quite cool ones ...

There's this gay lad at work that's a mate of mine (I got him the job :redfaceSmile, who is borderline obsessed with USB technology ... he has a fan that plugs into his USB port, together with a chameleon that he's got plugged into his USB port that rolls its eyes and flicks his tongue, but he ALSO has this cool cupholder that runs a small electric current through a metal plate which you stand your cup on, the result being that the plate heats up and your coffee stays warm ...

... what's COOLER than that is the fact that the housing of the unit (underneath the plate) acts as a USB port, so there are FOUR USB ports on that, enabling you to plug OTHER USB devices into your PC as well ...

... obviously if you're going to DO that then you have to ensure that the load you're playing does not exceed the level your PC is going to be comfortable with, otherwise your USB devices will do shag all and just sit there going Sleeping.

But NOT BAD !!!!! :biggrin:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Somehow, while reading this, I couldn't help but think of the odd sexual connotations of USB devices...
the words you used... "the load"... "comfortable" "shag"...
either I am horny at the moment, I've been doing too much literary analysis, or your statements are completely devoid of any sexual meaning...
in which case. Yeah USBs are cool.

I actually had honestly got absolutely ZERO sexually-based thoughts going on in my mind whilst I wrote that, and both my hands WERE on the keyboard babe xx

:biggrin:

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

LOL @ you two!The only almost cool USB device that I have is my bluetooth dongle.*yawns*

See but that IS a really, REALLY cool USB device ... as is the USB WAN card - both enable your PC to perform activities it otherwise would simply not be able to do, and their compact and neat nature makes them PERFECT for covert overseas spy-type operations :biggrin:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

I aint got any of the gimmicky stuff... although I do love some of them... but I have a USB printer, scanner, SD card reader, tomtom connection, digital camera connection, memory stick & CD/DVD writer.

Fair play I think USB technology ROCKS ... but then again wireless technology confuses the hell out of me ... how can you take a physical object, take a photograph of it using a digital camera, transfer that image to your PC via a USB/Firewire cable and then WIRELESSLY transmit that image across open space to another location ...

I know how it's done from a technical end-user perspective, but I find it so hard to accept that it's actually physically taking place, y'know ? It's like I raise my hand, and the data passes through it, but is unaffected ... it's BASICALLY like teleportation !!

*smile*.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

I ran out of USB slots on my laptop (only has 2) so I have a USB hub plugged in to one of them - which is all flashy LEDs woot. Then into that I have my Ipod connecter, my wireless keyboard/mouse, my bluetooth adapter and my digital camera wire plugged in and in the other port I have my webcam plugged in Confusedmile: So it's a good job I don't have any of the other cool usb gadget thingies hehe.

Shadow Wrote:I don't know about you guys, but I think that, among most of the pap USB gimmick-devices you can pick up, there ARE a number of really quite cool ones ......
... but he ALSO has this cool cupholder that runs a small electric current through a metal plate which you stand your cup on, the result being that the plate heats up and your coffee stays warm ...
!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

I bet it wouldn't be so cool if the coffee suddenly got jolted and spilt all over said device, then it surely wouldn't work at all, nor the USB ports thereof????

It's like those bloody crumbs building up resistance in / under / [in between keys of ]
your keyboard. Has anyone got those?

princealbertofb Wrote:I bet it wouldn't be so cool if the coffee suddenly got jolted and spilt all over said device, then it surely wouldn't work at all, nor the USB ports thereof????

It's like those bloody crumbs building up resistance in / under / [in between keys of ]
your keyboard. Has anyone got those?

Argh yes! and you can pull each key out and clean in there... but then you can never get the key back in properly... surely there must be a way of making an 'easy clean' keyboard.

I shall invent one! Yes, I shall. "The EZCleen Keyboard" mwahaha. How long do you reckon before they invent the 'touch screen keyboard'? A flat panel thinner than a piece of paper and you simply touch the key rather than pressing it... It shant be long I tell ya!