Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB Fingerprint Reader
I got one of these last week in my travels and must say it's really cool! Just got round to testing it last night! Basically, any websites that require a username and password can be logged on to with your fingerprint! :biggrin: I even use it on here to login... everything from Feebay to webmail.

I got a Microsoft one for about £10... had to download the software from their site but it's free and works quite well on XP/Vista. Only downside is it only works with IE and not Firefox or other browsers.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

There was me thinking I'd be able to do my own crime scene investigations... doh.

They do seem rather handy (haha geddit)... I'm gonna run out of USB sockets soon... or I'll have to get a USB hub to plug into my USB hub? hehe

That's funny you should say that... I got quite a nice 4 port USB hub in Poundland yesterday! hehe It's blue with an activity led on it... not bad for a squid!
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Andy Wrote:That's funny you should say that... I got quite a nice 4 port USB hub in Poundland yesterday! hehe It's blue with an activity led on it... not bad for a squid!

Oooh nice! :biggrin: Mine cost me a tenner (might as well have been the whole orchestra) off play.com. It's see through and also has activity LEDs.

I love my bluetooth adapter. It has a blue LED that matches the colours of the LEDs on my laptop. Snaaaazzzzzy! Confusedmile:

lol.. I got a USB hub... however it's currently broked Sad don't know how I managed it though... but if poundland are doing em.. might have to see if my local one has any going.

And ooh at the fingerprint reader... is it pretty quick? I mean, is it just another boys and their toys gadget or does it actually speed up logging in?

Yeah, the fingerprint thingy is really good... I've got it attached to my desktop PC... on the wee laptop atm! (I sold my old brick Dell Inspiron laptop and with the money got a new Atom based teeny weeny one instead which is more luggable ~ only 1Kg) I use the fingerprint reader for all my favourite sites... it takes a while to setup and enter all the usernames/passwords but once it's done you just tap the pad and it logs you in really quickly. It does Windows user logons as well. (as it's by MS)

Andy Wrote:Yeah, the fingerprint thingy is really good... I've got it attached to my desktop PC... on the wee laptop atm! (I sold my old brick Dell Inspiron laptop and with the money got a new Atom based teeny weeny one instead which is more luggable ~ only 1Kg) I use the fingerprint reader for all my favourite sites... it takes a while to setup and enter all the usernames/passwords but once it's done you just tap the pad and it logs you in really quickly. It does Windows user logons as well. (as it's by MS)

WOW that's SO cool :biggrin: Really snazzy... and summat to show off to the mates with! It should make a big deal about if the finger print doesn't match, and go black with red writing saying "ACCESS DENIED" all flashing and such... now that would be cool!