Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ugh
ShiftyNJ Wrote:ROFL who blabbed?
Lol..
That's my way of getting you to smile ..

I know what you're going through is tough, awkward, a bit tense 'going back' and all..

I could totally see wanting to have some sort of closure...I think having new interaction with people you knew in high school, later on as an adult, is actually something that can be pretty freeing. It's like some sort of desire to kind of come together as adults and say, "here we are now..yeah." And for some reason, that alone can put to rest any unfinished business/old insecurities/feelings, *even if* you don't ever address the HS years or what happened then. His mother's funeral may or may not have been the right place to do it - although- I find that funerals sometimes do lend themselves to this kind of situation/mood for some reason. That said, it's always best to follow your instincts, and your instincts told you it wasn't the right situation. Maybe send him a message after? I'm thinking it might bug you forever to not ever contact him, and now just might be exactly the right time.

Jettalove Wrote:I could totally see wanting to have some sort of closure...I think having new interaction with people you knew in high school, later on as an adult, is actually something that can be pretty freeing. It's like some sort of desire to kind of come together as adults and say, "here we are now..yeah." And for some reason, that alone can put to rest any unfinished business/old insecurities/feelings, *even if* you don't ever address the HS years or what happened then. His mother's funeral may or may not have been the right place to do it - although- I find that funerals sometimes do lend themselves to this kind of situation/mood for some reason. That said, it's always best to follow your instincts, and your instincts told you it wasn't the right situation. Maybe send him a message after? I'm thinking it might bug you forever to not ever contact him, and now just might be exactly the right time.

Yea, that's true. I was thinking of doing a donation as suggested in lieu of flowers. if he chooses to respond, so be it. She was nice to me, at a time when not everybody was, and--in his own rough way, since I'm sure he found my attention a little vexing-- so was he. I haven't forgotten that, and I think doing this could communicate that without spelling it out.