Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uh Oh, there they go again.... spreading their favourite lies
Is it Satire or a Parody? That's something worth considering before we read anything on ChristWire.

The New York Times interviewed the owners of ChristWire and they admit their site is not to be taken seriously and should be viewed as Satire.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/04/us/04beliefs.html

It is sad that the ultra right wing Christians actually believe this site is telling the truth!!!! Of course anything that supports their bigoted religious views is acceptable as truth, so it's like icing on the cake for them Confusedmile:

The funny part is how these stories make use of a Parody by overemphasizing how ridiculous the ultra right wing Christians feel toward LGBT people.

Cheers

Lol, couldn't make it through, I almost laughed my ass off my chair!

I actually can't comprehend the degree to which the author/moron (I think the latter is more suitable in this case) is oversimplifying ever single dimension of life! And besides, what is it with people sticking their noses in other peoples business anyway. I mean, even if this ridiculously humorous tripe was true, why does this troglodyte think its ok to ram his distorted perception of reality down other people's throats!?

Wow...thats the closest I've come to a rant on GS...I guess thats progress?!

Yes, you are right, Jim, it is a spoof, but it's clever enough to have some not too intelligent people worrying about nothing... and kicking up an unnecessary stink. They are playing with fire, methinks.

Ceruleaan Wrote:Lol, couldn't make it through, I almost laughed my ass off my chair!

I actually can't comprehend the degree to which the author/moron (I think the latter is more suitable in this case) is oversimplifying ever single dimension of life! And besides, what is it with people sticking their noses in other peoples business anyway. I mean, even if this ridiculously humorous tripe was true, why does this troglodyte think its ok to ram his distorted perception of reality down other people's throats!?

Wow...thats the closest I've come to a rant on GS...I guess thats progress?!

Read the article that Jim put the link for in his post. It's all baloney...

princealbertofb Wrote:I am gay and I've never set foot in a gay bar. How dare they say that we are promoting all this stuff?!?!?
People who seek out this stuff just need to let off steam, just as in the olden days there were brothels for men to get their jollies, or to learn about sexuality when it wasn't spoken of in homes... Also places, unfortunately, where STIs were exchanged. You got your money's worth.
Below is the quote that I find so damning.... :mad::mad::mad:

"Yes, it is the Gay Bar of which we speak. Gay bars were once something of an urban legend, an odd rumor that someone who knew someone may have sighted in the shadow of a big city train station. They were down ghetto side streets and had wide, swinging doors. No elaborate signs announced their locations for they were painfully shameful places, intentionally hidden from the concerned eyes of normal society. All that has changed in recent years. Now an itchy rash of these businesses is spreading to our towns and rural communities. They’re on our Main Streets, next door to diners and hardware stores, appearing as legitimate as any McDonalds. They are blistery places, announcing themselves with shrieks of disco music and brightly laminated flyers. Don’t let the cheery visage fool you, however, for they transform into something decidedly sinister once the sun goes down.
Simply put, America’s gay bars serve to falsely legitimate a notorious lifestyle choice. To say these places are un-American misses the point. They are much worse. They enable obscene physical violation, addictive drug abuse and the heights of political subversion. It is here that the agenda for overthrowing the normative values of society are devised. Across grimy pooltables and busy urinals, over cigarette ashtrays and fruity mixed drinks, the worst schemes to corrupt everything from traditional marriage to the age of consent laws are hatched by these relentlessly perverse plotters. They are all about sex. Sex all the time."
from: http://christwire.org/2011/01/sweat-sodo...-gay-bars/

Like life isn't about sex, sex all the time???? That's a stupid comment. Actually most of it is stupid and misinformed.... while I'm not saying gay bars don't exist, and I'm not saying that some gays (but presumably also men who have sex with men regardless of whether they consider themselves gay or not) don't get up to this sort of business, just look at the hetero community (as he puts it), they have no perversions at all, right? I think they are jealous that we are getting more visibility. Well no, there are practices that I surely don't condone in gay bars, but then there are also lots of hetero practices that I wouldn't condone... In fact they are human practices that I wouldn't condone. Full stop.
And for his information, I have no interest in making a straight man gay, the life of a gay man is too complicated. How many negative words can you pick out to describe the reality of these bars? Are the gay bars you go to like this?

I have been to both gay and straight bars in the US as well as some bars out of the country.
They re BARS after all. Of course there would be drug use, there would be sex, people grinding, kissing ,.... but it has nothing to do with gay or straight. lolll

princealbertofb Wrote:Yes, you are right, Jim, it is a spoof, but it's clever enough to have some not too intelligent people worrying about nothing... and kicking up an unnecessary stink. They are playing with fire, methinks.

You are so right, on it's face - this site looks like a Christian organization which many people will automatically believe as being a reliable source of information. It is deceitful for them to pass their particularly harsh style of humor onto an unsuspecting public without being upfront about what they are really doing on ChristWire. Even in their blogs they maintain that they are being truthful which adds to the problem.

I visit another gay forum where Christians often pop in and spew what they've learned from sites like ChristWire. It's disheartening to read some of the ugly things they write, and there's no amount of logical discussion that will persuade them that they are wrong. People wish to justify their reasons for bigotry & discrimination, Sites like ChristWire give them the ammo they need to continue believing in the stereotype perceptions of the LGBT community.

im just ignoring every bit of information cause its just a bunch of bs

ooh and the journalist guy in the pic is sexy ill tap that:tongue:

Everyone knows that that is a fake webpage, right? That it is satire. Check their celebrity page, everything is fake.