Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ukhule ukhokhobe Tata Mandela!
Today is the birthday of perhaps South Africa's most famous citizen,NELSON MANDELA!Our father is celebrating an amazing 90 years today!We,as the youth of South Africa thank you Madiba for all he has given us,how he fought for us and the lessons he instilled in us.When it comes to Madiba,one is at a loss of words and an excess of tears!Tata,enjoy your day with your family,we love you!

It's rare that a political leader can inspire such veneration. Very moving, Dan.

Dan1089 Wrote:Today is the birthday of perhaps South Africa's most famous citizen,NELSON MANDELA!...we love you!

Is that Johnny Klegg?

marshlander Wrote:It's rare that a political leader can inspire such veneration. Very moving, Dan.

Isn't it just !

I can only think of a VERY very small group of people held in such esteem.

A well-earned Happy 90th Birthday for Mr Mandela I believe.

Birthday.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

princealbertofb Wrote:Is that Johnny Klegg
Very impressed with you PA,that is indeed Johnny CLEGG.It's my fave song that carries the beautiful spirit of this country.Again,its thanks to Nelson Mandela that we can artistically express ourselves freely.I jurt heard on the radio that Tata Mandela wishes that only traditional Xhosa food be served today but he also insisted that the dessert be double toffee ice cream!Magical.

Double Toffee Ice-cream is LUSH.

The man's got taste !! Xyxthumbs.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Dan1089 Wrote:Very impressed with you PA,that is indeed Johnny CLEGG.It's my fave song that carries the beautiful spirit of this country.Again,its thanks to Nelson Mandela that we can artistically express ourselves freely.I jurt heard on the radio that Tata Mandela wishes that only traditional Xhosa food be served today but he also insisted that the dessert be double toffee ice cream!Magical.

A bit of foreign culture for us then, Dan...
What would traditional Xhosa food comprise? Make out a menu, will you?

Err...I've got LIMITED knowledge of Xhosa cuisine PA but on the radio they said that samp,tripe,oxtail,sheep's head (they're DELICIOUS) and traditional African beer.

Dan1089 Wrote:Err...I've got LIMITED knowledge of Xhosa cuisine PA but on the radio they said that samp,tripe,oxtail,sheep's head (they're DELICIOUS) and traditional African beer.
What's samp???? So the Xhosa seem to like offal...Cool

They do love their offal.Thuli made me try out EVERYTHING,lol.Samp is a rather difficult dish to explain hey.I think it's made from white and reddish/brownish beans.It has a traditional Xhosa name but I've forgotten it now.It made me full,you don't want to eat anything else after you've eaten it.Apparently,it's Madiba's fave dish.