Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ukraine
What do you think about current situtation in Ukraine? I think it's a crucial moment for gay community around the world. as well Poland changed rapidly after entering EU and the situation here is getting better every day. I think that Ukraine is the next step forward to spread tolerance towards east. Maybe Russian will follow their neighbours and one day revolt against dictatorship. However, I doubt Ukraine can handle it without help from other countries.

From what I have read, Russia is stepping into this mess.

I dont know what their real agenda is for getting involved in that, but from what I read, Putin thinks its part of the Russian empire or something.......so he is sending in troops and "getting involved".

I think Putin is scared that a democracy might break out if he doesn't interfere, so thats why he is doing this.

Putin might be modernized with the way he deals with other countries, but when it comes to homefront issues, he is very "old school Russia".

Unfortunately, neither Ukraine nor Belarus could leave Russia's sphere of influence after independence.

The current situation in Ukraine, and adding the Russian military actions in Crimea may very well lead to a partition of Ukraine. The West, more Euro-friendly and the East clearly pro-Russian.

If Russia doesn't annex this part it certainly will turn it into a satelite state.

And we all know what that means for LGBT rights. But this is the worst case scenario

Now, up to which point other powers can intervene in Ukraine seeming how Russia is already on the move?

If this is discussed in the UN right now it certainly must take human rights into consideration, but the political play will have more weight, and if they succeed in bringing Ukraine to stabilize and adopt Western Policies, Russia is going to fight like hell to avoid it.

Ukraine leased Sevastopol and Odesa (I think) to be joint Ukrainian/Russian Naval Bases after the Soviet Union collapsed. As I understand the ousted government would not renew the lease in 2017.

Access to warmer ports to maintain military presence in the Black Sea has been a key point in Russian foreign policy since the XIX century Russo-Turkish wars.

They are not ready to lose that foothold in Ukraine.

I fear in the event of a successful UN intervention, Ukraine can't be an influece to Russia's policies, as it's pretty much the other way around.

Either way it's a delicate matter that needs to be brought to a swift end. Otherwise we're looking at a European polarization all over again, not to mention the dwindling of Human Rights in Eastern Europe

This is how I feel:

Putin: The west is invading our way of life with their ideas and culture!!!!!
/Invades Ukraine.

New head on Ukraines navy defects in crimea… German government say russia accepted proposal for fact finding mission on ukraine.

Ukraine belongs to Europe and the destiny of the country will be within the EU.
Russia will have to accept that sooner or later.

It is the same EU or Russia, neither have the interest of ukranians in mind

I have this nagging suspicion that Franz Ferdinand is about to be assassinated again. I hope I'm wrong.

Putin is using the same arguments as Hitler to invade other countries "im protecting my people in other lands" (czech republic, danzig, Austria, etc) And probably, just as it was with Hitler the world will play an an appeasing role. WW3 here we go.

I dont know with what weapons WW3 will be fought, i only know that WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones

Festino Wrote:I dont know with what weapons WW3 will be fought, i only know that WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones

Your wrong.

WW4 will be fought by Cyberdyne Systems

ObW
X