Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this ironic or poetic justice?
America carried out raids on ISIS in Syria yesterday with the consent of the following States: Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Bahrain, Quatar and the United Arab Emirates all of which are Sunni Muslims, the same sect as ISIS.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:America carried out raids on ISIS in Syria yesterday with the consent of the following States: Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Bahrain, Quatar and the United Arab Emirates all of which are Sunni Muslims, the same sect as ISIS.

SLIGHT CORRECTION...... It should read........
"America carried out raids on ISIS in Syria yesterday EVENING ON BUILDINGS THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN FULL OF ISIS OPERATIVES DURING THE DAY... with the consent of the following States: Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Bahrain, Quatar and the United Arab Emirates all of which are Sunni Muslims, the same sect as ISIS."

It should be clear to everyone that the purpose of this first round of bombing was not to kill as many ISIS operatives as possible but to make it look like a pack of butt humping boneheads in Washington DC actually did something. Already we see the smoke and mirrors... and the dog and pony routine... It's nothing but one more publicity stunt to pull Obama's approval rating up from something like 41%.

And just what is wrong with butt humping?

You may be right Virge, but the raid could also be construed as a way to make these guys unhappy by ruining their facilities.

Now I am not being critical by asking this, but what, if anything, do you think should have been done?
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:And just what is wrong with butt humping?

You may be right Virge, but the raid could also be construed as a way to make these guys unhappy by ruining their facilities.

Now I am not being critical by asking this, but what, if anything, do you think should have been done?

MAKE THEM UNHAPPY????????????

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA!

This is supposed to be war ... not dissing someone like not bringing a present to their sweet 16 birthday party.

What should have been done? No politcal BS from washington DC... no warning. They should have had B52s, B1Bs and all the stealth planes there simultaneously at 10:20 in the morning.......... and had them fly back over at 2::30 to mop up. That would have been the way to start this rather than bomb intentionally to keep from messing up anyone's french nails.

At the last moment I changed the wording from 'miserable' to 'unhappy.' Might should have left it be.

The all out approach has its appeal, though it may not have been diplomatically possible. such is the dilemma of dealing with such idiots. I leave the antecedent undefined with intent.
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:At the last moment I changed the wording from 'miserable' to 'unhappy.' Might should have left it be.

The all out approach has its appeal, though it may not have been diplomatically possible. such is the dilemma of dealing with such idiots. I leave the antecedent undefined with intent.

"miserable" or "unhappy" makes no difference.

The purpose of a bombing offensive is supposed to be to do as much damage to men and property as possible in order to disable them before putting troops on the ground. The fact that this was avoided sets the pace for the rest of this entire farce. As Londoner pointed out --- every nation allied with the US is/was affiliated with ISIS. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out they pressured the US to make such a stupid attack.

And you don't think the fact that they made an attack at all was significant?
I bid NO Trump!

After much reading --- NO. It's all a political game.

The decision to launch missiles and make bombing runs in the middle of the night was not a military strategy but a political one. It was done at the time there would be the least ISIS insurgents killed to appease the "allies" Londoner listed.

Other factors to take into consideration.

** It's only been a little over 72 hours since the State Department stopped trying to convince everyone that this is not a war and finally admitted that it is one. A political game of words.

** Today at the UN the president attempt to make a moral equivalency between the shooting of a single black man in Ferguson Missouri to ISIS, a ruthless organization that beheads people simply for spectacle. Another political game.

** After more than three months of insisting no US troops would be put on the ground in Syria or Iraq, the State Department and the President have started saying there will be US advisors on the ground. I can tell you from experience, this will prove to be another lie. Within 4 months troops will be sent. Another political game.

LONDONER Wrote:America carried out raids on ISIS in Syria yesterday with the consent of the following States: Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Bahrain, Quatar and the United Arab Emirates all of which are Sunni Muslims, the same sect as ISIS.

I thought there was some minimal participation there beyond consent. Anyway, the most important state consenting is Saudi Arabia: ISIS is a Wahhabi sect and Wahhabism developed in Saudi Arabia, so they are actively disavowing the breakaways.

I think this bombing campaign has some present value, but if Obama and CENTCOM think bombing alone will do the job, they're deluded.

By an overwhelming vote the UK Parliament has voted support for UK airstrikes against ISIS in Iraq.

The Prime Minister, David Cameron, is holding open the possibility of airstrikes against ISIS in Syria.