Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I knew nothing.
Tonight, I made the realization I should have made a long time ago. I used to date a very fit Australian athletic young man 2 years ago. But when I look back on today, I've realized the only thing I knew was his appearance and not who he was personally. At the time, it was the heat of school and hormones. He was a very depressed person at the time, and so was I. A simple reflection of myself.

I'm glad that I made the choice to leave in order to work on myself, it has brought me to a place of being free. But even though I didn't know him like I thought I did. I miss him dearly. But I think I miss him for that comfort of him being by my side, and the idea of the relationship with someone whose looks were much more pristine then mine.

Has anyone ever felt this way. When you look back for a second and realized you didn't know the person at all. And is it normal for me to miss someone I didn't really know to a certain degree.

Maybe you should look him up and get to know him Smile

TheJAG0 Wrote:Tonight, I made the realization I should have made a long time ago. I used to date a very fit Australian athletic young man 2 years ago. But when I look back on today, I've realized the only thing I knew was his appearance and not who he was personally. At the time, it was the heat of school and hormones. He was a very depressed person at the time, and so was I. A simple reflection of myself.

I'm glad that I made the choice to leave in order to work on myself, it has brought me to a place of being free. But even though I didn't know him like I thought I did. I miss him dearly. But I think I miss him for that comfort of him being by my side, and the idea of the relationship with someone whose looks were much more pristine then mine.

Has anyone ever felt this way. When you look back for a second and realized you didn't know the person at all. And is it normal for me to miss someone I didn't really know to a certain degree.

Perfectly normal if you ask me. You are after all 18. It is good that you realized that you were more into his physique than his personality. Doesn't mean you didn't know him, but I'm guess you never really got in deep. It happens, you get a crush on someone and you get blinded, happens to be best of us.

The important thing is to learn from the experience and to better yourself. Sometimes the difference between love and lust can be kind of murky.

Nothing wrong with missing him, can be something legit or just the whole oxytocin thing.. That is also a good read, a little nerdy but can give somewhat an explanation of why you miss him even though you didn't know him all too well.

Being 18, don't get overly concerned about making mistakes, you will make plenty of mistakes. I will make more mistakes and fall on my ass many more times. Enjoy being 18 and have fun exploring things. I think it will help you find what you want and need down the road.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!