Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unemployment affecting my relationship
There is not much more I can add here, you have been given some wonderful advice.
Be there for him reassure him, perhaps getting him into a course so he has extra skills.

Bighug

SO many wonderful responses it's hard to quote them all, but thanks everyone x X

I've been trying last night to wrap him up in more activities and helping with the business, in a hopefully less obvious kind of way, he seemed to respond pretty well to that as he likes helping me out. I'm seeing him today so hopefully I can keep this whole thing rolling, but you've all kinda left me feeling much more positive so that's awesome. It is a hard reality of the recession/depression at the moment and it's clear we're not the only ones here.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you, Sil

Hello mSil,
Sorry to hear things are going bad for your partner and yourself with regards to work.. You need to continue to assure him that every job he applies for is one closer to getting the next and if things are ment to ber they will be... I know unemployment can be stressful especially when you are left robbing peter to pay paul but when i was in your situation a few years back with my ex i told my ex that all the time you look for work monday to friday 9-5 i will happily support the pair of us... Tell him his got nothing to worry about because where theres a will.... There is a way and the day will come when he will be able to look back on life and say yes you was right it was a case of holding it together and keep focused... Even as a temproary job apply at places like tesco... Yes the job isnt brilliant to be honest but its a wage and one which will help and then he can continue to seek work whilst working even part time hours if he desires and it is easier

kindest regards and big hugz to both

Aunty zeon xx