Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unexpected beginnings.
Hi everyone, its me again. I told you guys that i wanted to go to a gay bar and you guys suggested me to be 18 first. I can understand your worries and thank you for it.
Yesterday i was watching how i met your mother on my computer and my dad came and turned the computer off because i didn't go to the school other day. I guess i spend too much time on computer but thats because i want to distract myself. Anyway i was so angry to my dad; he took away my little time capsule. I was waiting for everything around me to change. So i dressed up as quick as possible and left the home. I went to down town and just started to talk to random persons. After a while i got tired and went to McDonalds. I bought a menu but i barely touched it, i was kinda interested in the boy who was working in there. He was clearly straight but i just wanted to talk to him. Anyway while we were talking two guys came and i simply said ''hi''. I feel like that hi will change so much in my life. One of them was 22 years old and the other one was 20. I asked them about how can i go to another country for education. They talked with me a little and asked ''why are you in here, its so late''. I just said my dad turned off the computer. People believes simple, idiot problems since i'm a teenager.
Anyway, they said i could hang out with them. I said okay. They were asking money from the people on streets. I asked too and i lied a little.. i feel a little guilty. They were asking the money to get weed. One of them stole an ashtray from a table of a cafe. I know how it sounds, but i kinda liked the way they tried to survive. I guess desperate moments needs desperate solutions. But then one of them said they were selling magazines for handicapped persons at the day and they were asking money and stealing stuff for themselves at night. That balances a little right?
Then one of them turned to me and asked whats my problem. I told about my computer again but he didn't believed me. He said ''You clearly have a problem. Is it about your family?'' i said no. ''is it about money?'' i said no again. ''is it about sexual choices?''. I didn't said anything. I couldn't talk. I just looked at the ground like i always do. I could hear my heart's beating, i felt my eyes was burning a little. ''Is that it? Are you gay?'' he asked. I waved my head up and down so slowly. I remembered the look in my friends eyes when i told them. I didn't wanted to see that look ever again, so i didn't looked at him.
He said ''That's it? There is nothing wrong with that.'' and they started to talk about their gay friends and successfull gay business mans in my country. They said they could take me to a gay bar sometime. They wouldn't take me in since im 16 but i could sit outside. They promised me to introduce me to one of their gay friends. I felt so good, almost normal with them. I was thinking about going to a gay bar with them at new year. What do you think? I don't know what am i expecting actually, i just want to see it. Oh by the way it was 1 am when i got home. My mom said ''we'll talk about this tomorrow''. I don't know whats gonna happen.
One simple ''hi'' opened a new door in front of me. I am gonna take it and hopefully i'll find what i'm looking for.

Mmmm, is it just me or does this ring some alarm bells for others as well?
Rumble88 Wrote:Anyway, they said i could hang out with them. I said okay. They were asking money from the people on streets. I asked too and i lied a little.. i feel a little guilty. They were asking the money to get weed. One of them stole an ashtray from a table of a cafe. I know how it sounds, but i kinda liked the way they tried to survive. I guess desperate moments needs desperate solutions. But then one of them said they we're selling magazines for handicapped persons at the day and they we're asking money and stealing stuff for themselves at night. That balances a little right?

Rumble, I know from some of your previous posts that you're having some challenges in meeting new people and being open about your sexuality, and I can understand (I think) why at 16 nothing is ever as fast as you want it, or as exciting as it should be, and of course all these rules get in the way....

But man, you need to get some street sense and understand that there are people who will use you and take advantage of your situation for their own reasons. You really need to think about your own safety, and going with two guys off the street that you just met and who happily admit to using drugs and stealing stuff is just asking for trouble!

Dont be in such a hurry to do everything, you have your whole life ahead of you to do stuff. Think about the possible consequences that could have occurred with these two random guys. Did anyone know where you were, or who you were with?

Teenagers LoL.....

You must STAY SAFE!

Lecture over.

ObW

Bighug

Hi mate Smile
On the face of it, it sound's great, like you can start to live your life as the real you finally.
BUT
I can't help but worry about a few things.
You are 16 and gay in a very hard country,that make's you desirable to some of the less desirable people.
These 2 guys could be completely genuine, or they could see you as a way to make money, I mean why would they take you to a gay bar, and leave you outside? Why would they go inside?

It could just be me seeing evil where it doesn't exist, but please, be careful and don't put yourself in danger.

I wish you all the best. Smile

OBW unfortunately we both seem to be thinking along the same lines Sad
It's a horrid world.

Marc Wrote:OBW unfortunately we both seem to be thinking along the same lines Sad
It's a horrid world.

Its also reality. Christmas or not Undecided

Yeah, I would have to say it sounds like a gold plated turd. It looks pretty, but if you scratch off the gold it turns to shit.

I think you are about to be taken advantage of Rumble.

I have to register the same concerns as OBW, Marc, and dfiant here. Part of me wants to be happy you've found some folks who are cool with you being gay, but honestly it sounds way too good, too convenient to be as good as it sounds. Red flags...Watch yourself and good luck.

I do not trust them ,there is a huge difference from being destitute and asking for money and begging for money to get high.

And for the record No their good deeds do not balance things out .
You can roll it in glitter sugarcoat it all you like , it's still a turd.

You are in such a hurry to grow up?
Then start with taking responsibility for your actions ,and if that means being away from your computer , pick up a book and read.

Your education should be paramount ,with out it you will not get the best in life , you want to learn overseas , well apply yourself ,colleges are hard enough to get into , if you do not have the grades kiss your future good bye.

Please wake up !!!!

OK you took a big step, you got lucky, you learned something but please, please, please listen to the other posts. There are a lot of guys out there that will prey on you just to get something else.

Lets cut the the chase. What they others are trying to say in nicer terms I will say straight out. From your own description, those guys sound like grifters looking for a chance to scam anyone, including you.

They start by befriending you, sharing stuff with you, introducing you to friends, lend you money, hanging out, drugs, alcohol etc. You feel cool. But then things turn. They need money for drugs, so they ask you to do them a favor considering all they have done for you. Maybe it's steeling, maybe its a drug deal, maybe they want you to give some old guy a blow job for cash. Out of the goodness of your heart you get hurt. That is what these guys here are worried about. Like the other post said, why would a 20 year old hand out with a 16 year old unless there was something they could get from them?

It is possible they are really trying to help you, not trying to scare you but be extra careful. In stead of bringing you to a gay bar where they will not let you inside, they should have offered to bring you to some kind of gay youth group or organization where you could meet someone around your own age in a safe environment. If they want to introduce you to other people around town, make sure its in public and the guys are out of the closet. If they are married middle aged business men that tell you its bad for business for anyone to know, that's a red flag. You want to meet positive roll models, not closeted guys looking at you like fresh meat. If you ever feel that way, run out of the situation.

Most gay men are very nice and openhearted. There are only a few bad apples but that all you need to get hurt. Trust me, I used to live in f Hollywood and what I described dose go on especially in big cities. Usually sucked in by the big house, fancy cars, cool parties, then it slowly turns into what you could do for them. Some of them end up on the streets turning to prostitution just to stay alive. It's so sad.

I know its exciting to go into your first gay bar. All of us felt that way at some point. Once you get over it, not that big of a deal. In some places, they have gay night just for kids under 18. So no alcohol, but at least everyone is gay. Maybe that exists somewhere in your city. If not, a lot of time there are group or parties at peoples houses sometimes if you can get in with the right click.

My advice is find a gay group of some kind in your town. They can guide you to meeting more people in a safe setting without judgment because they them self are gay. Dont chance it with total strangers you met on the street.

Check out this link, it looks lagit like what we have here in the states.
http://www.lambdaistanbul.org/s/

I'm hearing alarm bells, too. Please be careful. Bighug